1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boehner CAVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I was just listening to Rush. He stated that the Speaker of The House had called him just before air time to tell him what was going on. He is working toward a deal that will get 1.2 trillion in cuts over ten years and will give roughly a trillion in debt increases. The whole deal will be revisited next April, before the 2012 General Election. The cuts will be ironed out by a panel of 6 Republicans and 6 democrats.

Looks like Boehner took the boner. I'll kick in a couple of bucks for the Vaseline.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If he "caved" then he deserves no vaseline....just an old broomstick with lots of splinters!!

Let's wait and see what really pans out.

Curt

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Interesting, Drudge Report said Reid caved.

Link from Drudge above.

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Looks like Boehner took the boner. I'll kick in a couple of bucks for the Vaseline"

That's just plain crude language that adds nothing to your argument.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Caved my butt. You forget that there is a Dem president and senate. He is working to get something that will pass all three.

I suppose you want the Gov't. shut down, interest rates to rocket up, default on all our loans(I don't care who made them they are ours), lose our credit rating.

You want him to be able to write his own plan then put a repub. senate in there in 2012.

You don't always get everything you want the first time.

I am glad you are just writing your drivel and not in charge of anything.

Don

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Washington Post declares -

"Republicans have won."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/wonkbook-republicans-have-won-but-can-they-stop-there/2011/07/25/gIQAFHVIYI_blog.html

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

BIGDON ,I agree, The people screaming defianace and default must have absolutely nothing to lose.

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It says right on tv to seek emergency treatment for any boeners that last more than 4 hours I'd say he's done real well to hold out this long.

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

To the contrary, we have everything to gain. I'm putting my country in front of my 401K.

Our parents fought Japan and Germany at the same time and never whined. They did it for us....and THIS is the way you want to repay them?

Don't fall for Ubama's lies. Stand up and fight.

Respectfully,

Kit Thomas

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It isn't your damn 401k. If you want to see real depression go ahead and drive this country into default. This isn't like you balancing your family check book. If you think the Greek defaults were a crisis wait to you see what happens when Uncle Sammy goes into the toilet and the impact it has on the global economy.

Don't get me wrong I believe we should rein in spending and Obama but not at the expense of our seniors and the american people. How many damn apple stands do you want to see??

Remember 2012 only 1 year and 3 months away. Hold on that long and don't go nuts on the sitting republicans. Then do all the cuts and slashes.

Don

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

BIGDON - "Remember 2012 only 1 year and 3 months away. Hold on that long and don't go nuts on the sitting republicans. Then do all the cuts and slashes."

Excellent points!!!!

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It is funny, the laughing kenyan sure didn't need anyones approval to run up the bill, he didn't need anyones approval for mis using the war powers act and running up that bill, then he wants everyone else to figure out how to pay the bill. Then he gets on the tv and tells everyone that we need to feel responsible and figure out a way to pay "our" bills. The man is clueless.

The democrats and the republicans have one thing in common. Neither care about doing the right thing, neither care about taking care of any other usiness than what makes themselves rich.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

No matter what happens we aren't going to default on anything whether the debt limit gets raised by Aug 2nd or not. Anybody who thinks we are is either ignorant or spewing liberal lies. Apple stands- LOL.

If we don't get the spending/debt problems resolved for once and for all then you will really learn the meaning of the word "default". We aren't Greece but we're headed down the road they went down. If we don't stop we will be them. The Democrats want us to continue down that road and they must be stopped. Pick your poison: a little pain now or a whole lot of pain later.

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Both sides are going to play politics til the end, it's their career. This is probably the best deal to get rid of Obozo though, the American people seem to have very short memories, and if he would have got a clear shot on the increase, a lot of them would have forgotten it by next year, this way they can really make some hay out of it, and it won't pi$$ of the seniors, because that scum bag would have cut off the checks, and blamed the republicans.

And besides it will help, because next Apr he will be in turbo campaign mode, and it make him take care of business instead of flying the wings off AF 1 campaigning

We need to get some good people in there to fix the mess, without destroying the country in the process

15. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I still do not understand. The stimulus ran up spending almost a trillion per year for the last 2 years and we can only cut 1.2 trillion over 10 years. Why not simply stop the stimulus. Would that not reduce spending by almost 10 trillion over 10 years?

Someone please explain - I realize my mind is to simply for this s**t!

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

The ONLY reason we would default,,,,,is,,,,,wait for it,,,,due to hussein and geitner,,,,they and only they determine WHAT gets paid out,,,,that is what the Department of the Treasury,,,,

so hussein said AGAIN tonight that SS checks may not go out,,,,so which is it; playing with seniors and scaring them to death or the system is REALLY BROKE ALREADY????

Don't forget the SS trust fund which holds SEVERAL trillion in bonds,,,,they just have to request the check and the money WILL GO OUT....

Just think back a while and hussein actually had NO PLAN for healthcare,,,,NOW he has NO BUDGET,,,,just trying to pass the buck and then spin it that it was pelosi and reid or now Boehner and reid....

OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE, WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE....(Washington DC)....

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Slowp:

Stop using your brain and just shut your mouth!

In a few days when Boehner announces "THE LARGEST SPENDING CUTS IN AMERICAN HISTORY" you just salute and claim VICTORY FOR THE REPUBLICANS!

It's like if your wife says, "Let's buy a Ferrari" and you say, "No, let's just buy a Mercedes" and then you both pat yourselves on the back for chopping the family budget. That's exactly what's happening and people are too dumb figure it out.

Think I'm joking? Monitor the various TS.com posts on this subject and watch the dummies eat it up when it becomes official.

-Gary

PS: Remember the quote I gave you in advance -- "THE LARGEST SPENDING CUTS IN AMERICAN HISTORY." Boehner will say those words in just a few days.

18. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Sorry, I'll get in line behind the other sheepel!

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That's better.

Now repeat after me: "I will do zero independent research and always vote a straight ticket."

-Gary

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I don't think Boehner and company are caving, they are trying to get the best deal until 2012. Anyone who wants to talk about someone who is irresponsible they should talk about Obama. He is the one who won't compromise and is willing to run the country in the ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.