1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Boehner caves....Again???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by over the hill, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Well, by now most of you have heard the Dems. win again, I guess?????

According to a noted talk show host the Rep. sided with the Dems. on a short term
    payroll ded. bill.

I'm so confused by now, maybe someone can straighten this out so I can understand it, if possible..... or ....Just shoot me.

Holiday Regards....Gerald

2. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Boehner..bends. Film at eleven. Whew gotta stay out of them rum balls.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The deal was suppose to be for 12 months. That is what the president said he wanted. House went along and voted for 12 months. Senate played games, voted for only 2 months and went home.

The house got sucker punched and had no choice, as except for the die hards on the right, lost the public battle and had to vote yes. Some times you have to retreat if you want to win a war...

Not a great bill as reduced SSI payements being paid into the system and taxes on selling homes, and on and on...

This will be voted on once again in two months.

A few good parts of the deal is doctors (receive government payments) will not have their pay cut and the Pres. will be forced in 60 days to approve / or not, the pipe line deal with Canada. If he says no, Canadians are in serious talks to ship too China and Asia via ship instead of sending the oil to US markets.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

gw22_2008_0303131.jpg

I wanted to do the right thing, but Nancy made me cry again.

-Weeper Of The House

5. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I'm so sick of politicians playing games with our lives.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Boehner & Company need to pull one over on the Senate just like they just did to the House and the rest of the Nation. That's the second time the Democrats pulled a vote & run tactic. (think Wisconsin)

Behaviour like this should result in landslide votes of removal of office for these jerks who can't do their jobs with dignity and respect for the citizens of the USA.

No, Boener didn't cave, he was left holding the the Senate's trash!!!

Bill

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Boehner was right on principal but wrong on the politics of it. He was getting killed in the court of public opinion and retreated to fight another day. For the most part those who constitute the court of public opinion are brainless sheep.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How was he supposed to get those lazy senatorial b*stards to come back into session?

What's really hilarious is listening to Jughead tell us that's what HE wanted and people are getting a $1000. $40 x 4 pay periods is $1000?

By the way, this $40 per pay period, does anyone know where it's slated to go? Social Security.

9. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

There was no way for the House to win on that issue,. dont underestimate the Democrats. the payroll tax cut extension is an issue that i am actually in favor of, and im 100% Conservative, however, the spin was cast as a victory for the prez and his party. whatever. a billion dollars here , a billion dollars there,,,,,

10. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Boener wilts before public opinion.

Buying votes with other people's money.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

bohner has no b***s,,,,He hasn't stood up to dems since he has been in DC,,,,They are just continuing to "kick the can" down the road,,,,,you don't think they will pull this same crap in 2 months.....

12. likes-to-shoot

One thing I have noticed about a lot of posters is if it doesn't affect them financially or personally the louder they squeal. Let someone else suffer as long as I don't have to. lol

In two months I'm sure the Democrats will try the same thing but there will be no Christmas vacation to run off to. If they run off this time the price will be a lot higher than they would ever expect.

13. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

My son just asked me "what is with the congress enacting legislation for two months at a time"?

What should I tell him?

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

It looks from here like Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans hung Boehner out to dry.
    Just sayin'''....what if McConnell and Senate Republicans had STAYED IN WASHINGTON instead of heading home...???
    We would have had the House, The President, AND the Senate Republicans...all waiting in Washington for Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats to slink back in to town and DO THEIR JOB. The simple act of STAYING ON THE JOB would have been a powerful image as the Democrat Senators would have been the ONLY ones absent.

15. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Every Republican that voted for that Senate trash should be recalled or have a big "D" put after their name. They are RINO'S. Bend over Boehner should have said "NO, we will not vote for this, Senate you need to come back for a conference committe and then gone on TV and explained WHY and how the Democrats REFUSED to come together. Good Ole Harry the shit bag Reid, rammed another one right up Boehners butt.

Now instead of 99 weeks of unemployment, they want 3 yrs worth. BULLSHIT!!! get off your lazy asses and work 3 jobs if you have to, I have heard several on unemployment say " I'm not looking for a job, I am making to much money on unemployment and would have to take a cut in pay". THAT is what is WRONG with the idea of extending unemployment benefits. In 2 months when this "tax holiday" expires, It will start all oveer again and Boehner will cave AGAIN.

Oscar

16. likes-to-shoot

1 job, 3 jobs or a different job every day doesn't mean anything if there are NO jobs available. I don't know what its like in your part of the country but try to find work here in the mid-west. We have had 4 industries move to Mexico in the last 3 yrs with one of them employing 1,800 people.

A friend of mine runs an Auto Parts store and had an ad in the paper for part time help. (weekends) Had over 250 apply and our town is only around 8,000 people. So how lazy are the other 249?

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I have two teenage daughters and neither has ever had any trouble finding jobs. I see "now hiring" signs all over the place. Granted, they might not pay as well as unemployment plus welfare plus food stamps but they involve honest work.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

There's some truth to what Oscar says, at least with some folks. I have a relative who's been on unemployment several times and he NEVER legitimately looks until the very last check is cashed. When I razzed him about it he asked, "does anybody?"

-Gary

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Waiting until the last minute to look for a job, after all the unemployment benefits are used up, is backfiring on some people. Some employers look at that and don't want to hire them. They want go-getters.

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

It doesn't matter, Brian, since Obummer will just keep on extending unemployment benefits forever with the help of Congress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.