1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Body weight & gun fit?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ramorton, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Will probably have to change cast and possibly LOP. Maybe pitch. Hope this helps, Roy

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Phil:

Your wife will probably need to move the comb of her stock to the left (as Roy mentioned) if she shoots right-handed and raise it. Both would be due to a thinning of the flesh on her face.

As Roy also mentined, the angle of the end of the stock, the pitch, may also require changing as might the length of her stock if she shoots a gun with a field stock andits rising comb.

This assumes that the current stock dimensions are correct for her and is able to use the recommended trap shooting form.

Rollin

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Sorry about that, Phil. (I missed my last remedial reading comprehension class.)

Rollin

4. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

chatbrat ..... Unless all 30 some lbs is either stacked on your shooting shoulder or your face, you should not have to change anything but your shirt ..... well maybe the LOP, as your finger get farther from your chest and also the comb to compensate for those hollow checks.

You might explain to the admiral that once those fat cells are acquired no matter how young you are when they find you, they never go away, their yours for life. After you go on a diet they just lay in wait for you to eat something.

Enjoy your diet & hope it takes but .......... it's medically proven that ...... Oh god I'm hungry, just thinking about another diet!

5. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

I lost over 43 lbs in the last six months. Since the weight loss my scores soared upwards. Last fall and early spring, I was shooting so bad I contemplated quitting the sport. I had single scores in the low 90's and handicap scores around 81. Since the weight loss and getting back in the gym my single scores ave around 97 and my handicap around 93.

As far as changes to the stock, I raised the comb a whole shim higher, move the comb slighly to the right. I turned my stock back two turns to get back to 14 1/8 on the LOP. I changed the angle of the pitch to take the "kant" out of my gun. You have to experiment by mounting with your eyes closed, opening your eyes and checking for proper sight picture and no "kant" in your gun. Make sure you get someone to work with you on the proper sight picture.

Take it to the patterning board and get yourself properly aligned and shooting to where you are looking. Then go to a trap, lock it down to throw straightaways. Stand on station three and shoot until you turn the targets inside out. Then have the trap set to occilate and then starting practising. It took some time to get this down but what a difference. I shot a 92 in the caps Sunday and a 95 in the caps on Labor Day and picked another half of yard.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.