1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobby is Done !

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by I WON, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I WON

I WON TS Member

Hate to see him go.......

2. I WON

I WON TS Member

Try this one............

3. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Looks like Bobby may hold the game title for a while. He leads with 902, and it looks like the trailers aren't in any position to catch him in the near future.

Best,
    Dennis

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I knew it was coming, but I hate to see it so soon! College basketball will sorely miss him. He may not have been the most popular coach, but he graduated players and made men out of them.

I hated to see him leave IU under the circumstances they laid out.

Pat will hopefully do just as good a job as Mr. Knight.

ec90t

5. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

The ultimate poster boy for the need for anger management.

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Say what you want to say, he was if not the greatest coach of all time.

Bo

7. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Won't any of them catch Pat Summit!

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Click on the link and you can see what a great example Bobby was for all those kids he coached over the years. A real gentleman. Jake

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I`d rate him 3 notches back of Wooden and Dean Smith as strictly a basketball coach. Lets not even try and rank him as acting like a professional in coaching.

Coach K at Duke is cut in the same mold(another Knight student) and will hang around to break his record.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hah, Gene Keady of Purdue beat him like a drum while he was at IU...then he gets fired and sulks off to some podunk school to twiddle his thumbs and wait for the record...which is all he was ever in it for, anyway.

11. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Good to see him go, hope this time is for good.

Berettaman7

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hey Buzz-gun,

Do ya know what NCAA stands for at Purdue? No Championships At All. Keady was so good that he couldn't even win the NIT!

When was the last time that one of Coach Knight's players got out of line and stayed on the team? Never!

Say what you want, Coach has a greater understanding of the game than anyone else in history. His win record will stand the test of time. He also holds the distinction for having back-to-back unbeaten Big Ten seasons and a perfect season to boot.

ec90t

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

yes he had a temper, but he sure could coach. i think college basketball could use a few guys with the guts to put the game above the players. i never really likd him but i respected him a great deal for his ability to get the most out of what he had.jackmitch

14. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

I put in that catorgory with Woody Hayes, only Woody hasn't put people in harms-way w/a gun. He needs help like Brittany Spears. Shame shame shame... Mike

15. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Knight is quitting because Dick Cheney is closing in on his record of shooting your hunting partner. He currently leads by a 2-1 margin.

16. boneman

boneman TS Member

Bobby is the greatest and I think what happen was the moderators on this site got him!!! Thank you for your time. Larry

17. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I think he quit for a reason.

Sometime in the next 4 weeks, (possibly 2) there's going to be something come out in the news about something he's done to somebody.

You don't quit suddenly in the middle of a season for no reason.

18. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

There aren't many coaches you had more passion for the game than Bobby Knight. He should have retired from Indiana, since that is where he spent most of his career, and where he gained fame. On the other hand, Bobby had total control of where he was going to retire, and he chose not to comply with IU standards and IU could no longer turn a blind eye to the embarrassment he brought to the university. I loved it everytime he came to Lexington, Kentucky, and I loved beating him more than any other coach. I loved it most when Kentucky stood in his way in 1975 of what would have turned out to be back to back undefeated seasons.

An yes, Hoosier Daddy, Bobby only stated Lexington, Kentucky as the place that didn't know what a basketball was because he knew that Kentucky was just as passionate for the game as he was.

I hate to say it, but Bobby did take the job at Texas Tech so that he could break the all-time win record. He also knew he needed to stay a bit longer so that people would not think that is why he went their in the first place. Bobby knew his passion for the game was dying with his age and his ability to still compete in a game that long passed him by many years ago. Even with that said, I still miss having the opportunity to beat him on the court.

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

ec90t,

If Bobby Knight is such a great coach - then why did he have a losing record against Gene Keady? You know...mano-y-mano, head-to-head?

Now, if we're talking about the all-important category of "HUNTING COMPANIONS SHOT," then Bobby definitely takes the cake...but we won't go there.

20. I WON

I WON TS Member

Coach Knight has a graduation record of 98% of 4yr. players that played for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.