1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Spensley Memorial Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hettinger, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

The Mitchell Trap Club in Mitchell, SD will be hosting the Bob Spensley Memorial Shoot on Sunday July 12, 2009. The shoot will start promptly at 10:00 am. We will be shooting 200 singles, 100 handicap and 50 pair of doubles. There will be a special trophy donated by Harvey Fridley given to the high Sr. Vet shooter in the 200 singles. The singles were Bob's favorite. It is hard to believe Bob has been gone four years already.

Come shoot with us, there will be a free feed and beverages following the shoot compliments of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. and Miller Lite.
    Mike Hettinger

2. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mike,

I hope Bob's memorial shoot is a raging success, Bob was a wonderful ambassador for the sport of Trapshooting a true gentlemen and true sportsman.

As you said it is hard to believe it is four years since he left us, I assume Margaret will be at the shoot on Sunday please tell her that all the "Downunder Gang" wish her the best and wish we were there to celebrate Bob's memory.

Even though we live on the opposite sides of the world I still think fond memories of Bob and Margaret at the Iowa State and Grand American, it was the highlight of our Trapshooting year to spend time shooting with and listening to Bob's many wonderful stories.

Gary Kennerson.........Sydney Australia

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My Dad, George Herron looked forward to going to the Iowa State shoot every year. He enjoyed the church ladies' home cooking and visiting with old friends, Bob among them. Dad won't be going to Iowa any more, but I'm sure he and Bob are having quite a visit.

4. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

Gary, thank you for your kind words and fond memories of Bob and Margaret. I will pass along your greetings to Margaret, as she will be attending the shoot. She will be pleased to know that there are still many shooters out there remembering Bob!
    Mike Hettinger

5. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

Karla; it was through Bob and Margaret that Marlene and I met your father, as well as you and Leo. Bob was always very eager to introduce us to his many trapshooting friends.

6. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mike,

I was talking to the rest of the the "Downunder Gang" John & Allan and they to would like you to pass on their best wishes to Margaret.

Bob certainly loved shooting singles with his beloved Krieghoff.

Bob told me years ago to live by the "Honour system" (Get a good women, get Honour and stay Honour) no disrepect to women intended, it was Bob's light hearted tongue in cheek humour that endeared people to him.

Karla & Mike I can only imagine the stories being told to St.Peter by Bob, George, Al Tomnitz, Joe Clements, Larry Cox, what a wonderful bunch of men and yes I bet there are many more like them out in Trapshooting land, I am just yet to meet them.

Gary Kennerson...a very wet Sydney Australia.

PS. Good luck to all @ this years Grand would love to be there but will have to sit this year out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.