1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Spensley Memorial Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hett, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hett

Hett TS Member

Bob Spensley's home trap club in Mitchell, SD will be hosting a trap shoot in Bob's memory on Sunday, July 13. The program will consist of 200 16's, 100 handicap and 100 doubles. There is a special and very nice trophy, provided by Harv Fridley, a great friend of Bob, to been give to the top SR. VET shooter in the 200 16's. This was Bob's favorite shooting event and he had attained SR. VET status at the time of his death. There will be Cabela's gift cards and or cash for trophies on all of the events. Following the shoot join us in a complementary meal and refreshments. Please come and join us at this memorable shoot in memory of Bob Spensley!

Mike Hettinger

2. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mike,

What a wonderful ambassador for the sport Bob was, I first met Bob and Marg at the Iowa State shoot in 1998 and was fortunate enough to be able to meet up with them each and every year until 2004 when they had to leave the Iowa state early as Bob was not feeling well.

We were to meet up again at the Grand but he was to ill to travel and we were not able to see each other again, Marg let us know of his passing in 05 and it was a very sad day for all who new this wonderful man/couple.

I would love to be at the shoot but unfortunately it is just to far from Australia to be there, Please give Marg a big hug and kiss from there loving friends, Gary, Allan and John.

We are attending this years Grand and will phone Marg while we are in the US.

The highlite of all my trips to the Grand was to have dinner with Bob and Marg and just marvel at his many ,many "stories" the man had the most wonderful sense of humour.

His advice to me when dealing with the fairer sex was to adopt the Honour system, "Git Honour and stay Honour" he quipped.

Gary Kennerson. Sydney Australia.

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Mike, my Dad (George Herron, of Paris, MO) was a good friend of Bob's and always enjoyed visiting with him at Iowa State Shoot. Leo and I would like to donate a spot in a clinic to add to your prize list. If you could email me, we can get this done. Hope the shoot goes well....Karla

4. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

Karla;
    Thank you! that is very generous of you and Leo. I will e-mail you to let you know the winner of the clinic and then we can work out the details.

Margaret was very touched when I informed her of Leo's generousity.

Mike Hettinger

5. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

The shoot was a great sucess, good weather, good food and refreshments were enjoyed by 40 plus shooters, family and friends of Bob and Margaret. Margaret spent the day at the club. The coveted Sr. Vet prize this year was a beautiful Black Hills Gold watch which was donated by Harv Fridley. The winning shooter was Don Neuheisel from Sioux Falls, SD with a 198X200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.