1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob "Red" Shay NY shooter passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I have just received word that our good friend Bob "Red" Shay from Canandaigua, NY has passed away. Bob was the man who 49 years ago was the President of the Canandaigua Sportsmen's Club and asked if I would like to set targets for skeet and trap. Of course, a chance to spend some time around guns was a gift of a lifetime. Having a father that was scared to death of guns, I never thought I would have the opportunity to get involved in the shooting sports. Fortunatly for me, Bob was like a second father to me and got a gun in my hands way back then, and the rest is history...We continued being friends who met at shoots throughout these past 49 years, and I owe a lot to him.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Carol and their sons.

Bless you Bob, and thanks for the friendship.

Dave and Judy Monahan....Elloree, South Carolina

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bob

Condolences to the Shay family.. Dave Bishop

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Bob

Walter R. "Bob" Shay
    Walter R. "Bob" Shay Loving husband, father, grandfather and friend CANANDAIGUA - Bob Shay, of West Lake Drive, passed away July 24, 2009, surrounded by his loving family. Bob was born on February 23, 1928 in Canandaigua and was a graduate of Canandaigua Academy Class of 1946. He married Carol Peer on July 8th 1950. She remained the love of his life for 59 years. Bob worked at RG&E for 45 years and retired in 1990, as a line crew foreman. Bob served in the U.S. Army and was stationed in Korea and Hawaii as a communications corporal. He was past president of both Canandaigua Sportsman Club and Finger Lakes Retriever Club. Bob was an avid outdoorsman, hunter, trap shooter and hunting dog enthusiast. He enjoyed spending time with his family and traveling with his wife in their RV. He is survived by his wife of 59 years, Carol Shay; sons, Randy (Marianne) Shay, Tracy Shay and Brett (Kathy) Shay; grandchildren, Kevin, Tierney, Corey, Austin, Megan, Kierra and Erinn Shay; sisters, Marian Dewey, Jean Shaner and Lucille Lewis; daughter-in- law, Susan Shay; and several nieces and nephews He was predeceased by a son, Wayde Friends may call Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Fuller Funeral Home, 190 Buffalo St. Canandaigua. His funeral service will be held Friday, 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in his name to Sands Cancer Center, 350 Parrish St., Canandaigua NY 14424. To share a memory or express condolences online, please visit www.fullerfh

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Bob

Hi Dave & Judy.

That is very sad news. I always enjoyed talking to him about Retriever Trials and our dogs when I was at the NY. State shoot. He was a great guy and I will miss him.

Terry Jordan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

carol my father was superintendent at canandaigua ny