1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Putnam

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RickN, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Recieved word this morning that Bob Putnam passed away over the weekend.
    RIP Bob.

[​IMG]

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

When I first learned to shoot trap I was on a League squad with Bob at the St. Paul Rod and Gun Club, that was in 1961. The last time I talked to Bob was at the Minneapolis Gun Club in the early 90's and we shot on a Singles squad together. He was always a role model for trapshooters and he will be missed. MikeTMX in Calgary

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bob really was one of the "Good Guys" and will be missed by his many friends ... I got to know Bob because of trapshooting and he was always a friendly face when ever I ran into him and Carla (his wife) out at Red Mountain Trap and Skeet over the years ... Condolances to all of his friends and family ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Bob was always interested in newly-announced state teams. A dozen years ago I took a copy to him at his company, Worum Chemical near my house. To my surprise, he wasn't there. The receptionist explained "It's his 80th birthday today and he took half a day off."

I always had fun with Bob. He was a great friend of trapshooting and trapshooters themselves. No one will replace him.

Neil

5. bas

bas Member

Sad news, indeed. Bob and his wife were regulars at Red Mountain during the winter months. He will be missed.

6. Tori Putnam

Tori Putnam TS Member

Thanks to all of you for your good words for my father. Dad was for sure a "one of a kind." Trapshooting was the great love of his life and even though he wasn't able to shoot the last few years, he still loved to be out at the gun club with all of you.

Here is a link to Dad's obit in the metro newspaper. http://tinyurl.com/6rzfrx
    There is a guestbook linked to the obit and we would love to have your comments there if you have the notion. There are more pictures of my Dad there as well. This guestbook will eventually be made into a hardbound book for Dad's family.

Thanks so much,
    Tori Jensen (Bob's youngest daughter)

7. Tori Putnam

Tori Putnam TS Member

From Susan, Bob's eldest:

Thank you all for remembering our Dad.... he gave me my first shotgun, a Marlin over and under 20 gauge when I was 11 years old. I'm 68 now, but preferred target shooting with my 50 foot rifle. The apple did not fall far from the tree, and he left me the pellet gun that I had forgotten.... he used to instruct me in old times in St. Paul when dogs ran loose, to lie in the slightly opened front door screen, and pop those mean dogs in the butt. I thought this was great sport, and he knew I was good enough never to get an eye. I hope I didn't hurt any dogs, and we had to be sure Mom wasn't around. Now I raise and race Whippets, but my first love is target shooting and I often want to go back to it.

Susan Kirkham, Bob's eldest daughter who proudly wears one of his silver trophy buckles, which drawfs me...

It's so wonderful to see notes from the folks he shot with, he loved it more than anything.

8. t-bar

t-bar Member

We'll miss you Bob.

Barb and Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.