1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BOB MUNSON...100 STRAIGHT IN THE GRAND!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good for that Ol Mn Gopher!! Looks like he found a couple extra orange seeds out in the field? :) Hap

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Lit are you talking in today's GAH?

Holy crap that would be amazing...

3. handlepuller

Just saw it on RJ Stuart.

How awesome.

4. bas

bas Member

Well, I have stated this on another Bob Munson 100 in the GAH, but it can be said enough - GREAT JOB...we are all very proud of you....

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

looks like Bob is GAH Champ with lone 100...all scores are posted on the scoreboard on Stewarts site. Fantastic shooting! and Congratulations! puablo

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bob Munson that is terrific shooting, glad it was a 27 yard shooter that won the grand daddy of them all I hope it makes all the news organizations and newspapers sporting section.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. handlepuller

Does anybody know if he's ever won the doubles championship?

I know he's won at least one CTC.

To have won all 3 would be unreal.

8. Ertz

Ertz Member

Congratulations to Alex and Abby's Grandpa. You have gone from Hall of Famer to legend Bob.

Tim and Nancy Rawerts

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I was blessed to see his last 10 shot's for the 100 straight but at the time I had no clue because I saw Ray Stafford on the squad and was watching him and after it was over I knew some one had done real good with the hand shakes going on then a few minutes later I found out that Bob broke a 100 sure wished I had a camera handy because I witness the final shot's of the grand american Handicap Champion.

As I said in another thread I only watched 4 squads total the whole day and all was on bank 9 and Bob's was the last squad I saw.

So what a way to end the day to find out I saw the Grand American Handicap Champion shoot his last few targets to win the Ring out right.

Foghorn

10. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

handlepuller,
    Bob came close in '01 with 100+19.

Mike

11. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Congratulations, Bob! Fantastic shooting, we're so incredibly happy for you--looking forward to hearing all the stories when we see you again. Drive safe home.

Mark and Sally

PS. Are you interested in selling that puppy yet?

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

It was windy today, too. This was a phenomenal show of skill.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Am I reading this right? According to the ATA payout sheet posted on RJ Stuart.com, the lone 100 in the GRAND AMERICAN HANDICAP paid less than $5,000 this year?

Please tell me I'm reading that wrong!

1,280 entries in the Lewis Option, barely 500 in the others...come on, people, did EVERYbody up and quit playing the money? We can all probably remember several years when that payout amount would have easily been 4x that amount. One year back in the 90's, a shooting buddy who shot a 99 in the GAH won more than this, and he was in a 14-way tie for 2nd place, for chrissakes!

Again, somebody, anybody...tell me my head is more screwed up than Trappy's underwear, but please, please - don't tell me the Grand Enchilada of trapshooting payouts has been reduced to the point where the winner cannot even buy half of a Perazzi combo with it.

I'm tellin' you, the f'ing Democrats have 4Q'ed this country UP...Denny, I hope you and your canine pals are taking up a collection for this guy, because this just ain't right.

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Yep it was Windy even though im from KY it is still nice to see someone way back there win once in awhile.

AS a matter of fact there are a lot from KY that shoot's from back there with good scores.

But Bob was the man of the day for the Grand Event.

Ok let me re phrase my first statment most of the 27 yard shooters that shoots more than 2 times a week at a registered shoot then they can shoot better than most of the week end short yardage shooter's that has to work for a living to feed the family but the week end shooter knows before they pay up that they are shooting against the best but that is what make's the world tick.

It sure would be boring if everything was the same every day forever wouldn't it.

Fog

[​IMG]

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well Cowboy im not saying that long yardage shooters don't have to work also, because I was one before and still worked everyday all im saying there are a lot more shooters that shoots from shorter yardages because they don't have the time and money to maintain shooting from the fence all the time because they have other priorieties that comes first on what ever income they have coming in.

The week end shooter already knows that trap shooting is not a poor man's sport but still they like to compete when ever they can that is what is so great about trap shooting because the average Joe has a chance to shoot against some of the best and don't have to go thru a lot of elimating to be able to shoot the big day all they ahve to do is have the required number of targets so not to be penilized.

So if I wrote anything above that was worded wrong then I didn't mean it to sound the way you thought it to be because I have respect for anyone that can shoot as good as Bob did yesteday because out of the 633 squads he was the only one with a perfect score no matter how little or how often a person shoots in a week it still boils down to the person to break the good scores him self.

Later

it's Bed Time

16. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Great shooting Bob! What an accomplishment! Your performance is an inspiration and a reminder to everyone who participates in this sport, that you do not have to be young with great eyesight to succeed. Sometimes, ones will and determination is sufficient. Years ago they called it fortitude. That is what you displayed yesterday in your shooting. The targets were tough and the wind was a factor. But you prevailed. Awesome performance! Steve

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bob, if I don't catch you before you leave, congrats on your victory. Its nice to see that an ole chicken hunter still has a sharp eye :)

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice job Bob. Congratulations. Dave Bishop

19. NintyT

NintyT Member

Bob,

Well done and well deserved. Congrats. Steve J

20. P K Admirer

P K Admirer TS Member

Congratulations! Great Job! Very Happy for you!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.