1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Dodd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhg, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhg

dhg TS Member

Do you have the name of the company where you got your scotch brite cleaning rods?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

spcl trap, The fellow is Dave Schadel, Gardnerville, NV email perfspec@charter.net and a web page for contact info is above. Dave's business is worldwide model airplane racing motors and their parts but being a shotgunner some years back lead to his making these rods. I'm not sure he's still willing to make them but I'd guess he'd jump in if there is time. They are/were top quality and you'll pay accordingly....Bob Dodd

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Dave has a good number of brass cleaning jags left, the kind that screw into your rod. Don't know about whole rods. He sent me several for a cash payment after I accidentally threw away the one I had.

You have to use the proper grit abrasive pad with these or you'll scratch the barrel. Order extra or order from McMaster-Carr if you buy from Dave.

MK

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If he's still willing, the rods are truly custom made with removable grips, the ability to connect to a drill, custom lengths - works of art IMHO!

5. dhg

dhg TS Member

Thanks Bob, I have one and they are great a friend wanted one and I couldn't remember where we got them.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Let me know if Dave's still doing them.

7. dhg

dhg TS Member

Talked to them this morning and he will make whatever you want, phone # (775)265-7523

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Thanks, good to know! Good guy!

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Good to see you her Bob D. you've been quiet!

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

PMed you Cal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.