1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Costas should be fired

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Click on URL

Bob Costas needs to keep his opinion about gun control to himself..Not his job to preach his anti gun B.S. on football game time....SMOKIT

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Apparently nobody told him how OJ killed his wife.

3. Robb

Robb Member

Sounds like he was quoting another guy. Still stupid thing to say.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Not the 1st time he should have been fired.

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

In case you have any doubt, I suspect the network had that little dweeb preach his bullshit! By the way, where are the libbies on here and why are they not defending their idol's rep?! Tom Rhoads

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

.....Some wag on TV just said.."you should not blame Bob Costas blame the microphone....".

7. drgondog

drgondog Member

Gentlemen - yes the moron expressed a view contra to ours. Having said that, us telling him to keep his mouth shut is the same thing the Left is attempting to do for Fox and Limbaugh and Coulter, etc? And we don't like it when Our voice is stifled.

I just wrote a letter to ABC Broadcast expressing my displeasure at hearing an Obama message regarding my 2nd Amendment rights and inquired how he feels about folks that wish to restrict ABC POV. I closed by saying I respect Costa's Right, but please respect my decision to cancel ABC from my channel selection.

I hope that those of you who were offended send them an email with similar points and just quit watching ABC footbal broadcasts with Costas.

Regards,

Bill - resident curmugeon in Scurry, TX

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

....or the teleprompter.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Costas is on NBC Sports.

Wayne

10. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Costas should be fired. He should have to say hes sorry on live tv. Sad how a celeberty goes off the deep end.and they want to outlaw guns. Chicago has how much gun control and how much crime do they have? If the guy didnt have a gun and used a kitchen knife would they be preaching on national tv to outlaw knives?

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Get serious Bill, you comparison of wanting Costas fired and wanting laws passed to silence Fox News is absurd. No sane conservative would ever want anybody silenced, even Costas since conservatives support the 1st amendment. What some, including me, want is for this bozo to lose his current microphone- something which he certainly has no right to. While that won't keep him from saying idiodic things, which he does have a constitutional right to do, it will prevent him from doing so is such a public way, something he has no right to do.

Trying to make a first amendment issue out of this is ridiculous.

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

He's not the first. Back in 1976 when introducing coverage of a shooting event at the Montreal Olympics, a Canadian sportscaster thought it necessary to say that guns should not be part of the Olympics and only police and the military should have them. Pissed me off then....and it still does.

Ron Burr

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

You are right wayneo - I Did send to ABC and after they finished laughing their ass off - I recovered and sent the same email to NBC.

Having said this, I wonder if ABC gets a message regarding how much football fans that are shooters (That would be the Sunbelt for sure)feel about varmints trashing one of our treasured Rights.

Oh well - often wrong but never uncertain

Bill

14. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

He pissed me off with his statement but when he actually agreed with Whitlock (who is a jackass to say the least) that broke the camels back!!!!

15. drgondog

drgondog Member

@John - respectfully, it IS a 1st Amendment issue when we say 'fire the bum'for what he said. It is our 1st Amendment Right to say 'fire him' but we react violently when some moron says we need to shut Fox down, or Limbaugh, etc. because they don't like either the message or the messenger. So, why should he be treated with any perspective other than contempt - and express our right to not watch NBC?

We may disagree on the nuances of the argument- or even on my reaction - but both of us have the right to say what we believe to be true. I may not 'like' what some moron said - but I swore an oath to protect that Right, along with the others and I hold that continuing obligation seriously.

Regards,

Bill

16. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

All of the local talk radio shows here in San Diego have this as their News headline this morning...Handgun in the house = fatal outcome to an arguement!...

17. trident

trident Member

The difference is: we tune tune in to Sunday Night Football to watch a game, not listen to some hacks political view.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You need to shoot for the heart.

The sponsors of the program who want you to buy their stuff are the ones that need to get the message.

Network folks will read your message and laugh, you don't pay them.

HM

19. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

John...clarify something for me, please:<blockquote><I>"While that won't keep him from saying idiodic things, which he does have a constitutional right to do, it will prevent him from doing so is such a public way, something he has no right to do.</blockquote></i>If the 1st gives Costas the right to say "<I>idiotic</I> things" (as you said) where is it written that he may not do so in public. I thought that giving protection to the airing of one's views in a public forum was what the 1st was about? If yer miffed that he used his position to air his views, I'd say that's just between him and his employers.

Keller

20. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

Send a e-mail to NBC to let them know what we thinh of Bob Costas and NBC.

Here is the e-mail address

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.