1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bob Allen shooting accessories

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samiam03, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Bob Allen shooting accessories. Good Quality? Fair quality? Poor quality?

Sam

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Pre-China= good. Current chinese made= so so

3. glenns

glenns Member

I just bought the glasses and they seem to be good quality.

4. skeeter57

skeeter57 TS Member

Don't and won't buy Bob Allen Accessories. Earl

5. arend003

arend003 Member

Have the Bob Allen RX glasses from clear target optics and they are ok .. had a pair of Bob Allen shooting gloves and they fell apart after about 3 months your mileage may vary

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Sad to say that every pouch, bag, vest or pair of gloves I've ever owned by this brand has self-destructed long before I would have thought it should. Usually stitching unstitches itself, mesh unravels or vinyl cracks and falls apart.

Carol Lister

7. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

I have a 429T shell pouch. After the first year, the stitching that holds the belt loop had pulled out. A shoe repair shop sewed it up for a couple of bucks. After the second year, one of the two shell compartments has split out. I don't plan on purchasing another Bob Allen pouch. I like the design, but the mileage sucks.

Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement??

Gayle

8. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I love the design of their shooting bags, velcro "lid" with plenty of pocket space.

But, they are cloth and the two bags I bought both began to tear on the bottoms within a couple of months.

No more Bob Allen for me.

Bob

9. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

The alternative is "BOYT" or "GALCO" try there prices...OUCH!!! You get what you pay for...

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Doesn't Boyt own Allen now?

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Yes... Boyt owns Bob Allen.

You get what you pay for. If you're looking for nice quality canvas products -as in a pouch, range bag - Boyt is line to purchase... higher price points, but the heavy canvas lasts as compared to the "plastics" used in the Allen line.

I have had great experieence with the Bob Allen shooting shirts in both long and short sleeve. I have them embroidered and laundered/light starch and they have held up very well over the years...

I consider the Bob Allen shotgunner gloves as disposables... and its depends on how hard one uses them... but good for a season. I have bought the Bob Allen Nylon shooters jacket and the body and leather pads are quite good but the collar has "pilled" from abrasion, but still presentable.

If you're looking for top quality, pay the piper, but be careful to not over buy for your needs. If you buy from an Orvis, they'll stand behind the purchase after the sale... so balance the budget.

regards all,

Jay

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Usually stitching unstitches itself"

That was my experience too, but I like to sew.

13. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

saw stuff at the grand everything We looked at was made in China went next door and bought Shoot The Moon vest made in USA Colorado I think. Paid a lot more for it but I own a company in the USA and I want to keep companies in the USA. I urge others to do so also. Buy American made when you can!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.