1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blueing and Unblueing!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zerafa, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerafa

zerafa TS Member

Dear friends,
    I have a beretta 682 some 15 years old but I LOVE IT! Its time to get the barrels Blued but I wish to unblue the side plates, they were originally blued but I want to change to silver like side plates, you think this is possible (About the side plates), the man who's doing the blueing for me said he's afraid they will rust, any suggestions???????????????
    Appreciate your comments as usual!

Tony

2. zerafa

zerafa TS Member

How can I contact Bob Please Pat?

Tony Zerafa

3. welderman

welderman TS Member

The receiver will rust if left unfinished. I suggest electroless nickel plating. It is bright slick, and hard. There are many shops who can do this for you. Tom S. (welderman)

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Tom S..... I polished the receiver on my DB-81 over a year ago. I left it "in the white" with nothing more than a good polishing and a thin coat of oil on it. I have shot it in the rain, mist, etc. and, to this day, have had absolutely no rust issues. I clean it after shooting it, and wipe it down with a soft cloth sprayed with Break Free CLP. I'm sure the receiver would rust if left un-attended, however, if the gun is maintained properly, there shouldn't be any problems with rust at all.....Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Even blueing left without oiling rust fairly easy,

Metal in the white with a good polish is pretty, but does take attention to keep it that way.

Any plating is as close to worry free as we can get to! BUT without care it will rust under the plating, and by the time it becomes apperant a great deal of damage is done.

AL L
    Kelso Gunsmithing
    107 W Kelso St
    Tucson, Az. 85705
    Shop licsensed since 1972
    Blueing is our specialty!
    520-623-7428, cell 520-235-1374

6. zerafa

zerafa TS Member

Thanks Dan, sounds simple and practical, still email bob.
    Thanks for your help guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.