1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluegrass Traps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Man, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Plan on making the trip to Bluegrass Traps in Wilmore, KY tomorrow, I have never shot there and looking forward to it. I need some directions coming from the mountain parkway(the best way through Lexington); I have gotten directions both from yahoo and google and both are different, what is the best way to get there coming from the mountains.

Thanks for your help

2. jhoward

jhoward Member

Mountain Parkway to I64

I64 West to Exit 115 (Newtown Pike)

Newtown Pike towards Lexington to New Circle Road

New Circle Road west to Harrodsburg Road (hwy 68)

Take Harrodsburg Road west (away from town)

I believe that's the easiest way to get through Lex if you aren't familiar with the city.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

BrowningMan: Please help if you can. My daughter was just accepted to UK for a semester as an exchange student from California. In 2004 she and her team won the Calif. State championship. She wants to shoot trap for the UK trap team. Who do we contact regarding the shooting team, gun storage, etc. Thanks Fred [fssberson@aol.com]

4. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Fred, email them at uktrapskeet@yahoo.com, this is all the info I could find other than there website which is www.uky.edu/studentorgs/trapandskeet. When I get my basics in at my local college I am planing on transfering to EKU and hopfully shooting on there trap team. The best of luck.

5. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

To give you a few more directions to Blue Grass Traps.
    Proceed south (from Lexington) towards Harrodsburg on Hwy. 68. You will see Hwy. 29 on your left which then goes along with 68 south for about 1/4 mile. You will follow 29 ( at the 'Y') into Wilmore. Stay straight on this road all the way through Wilmore. You will go through a couple of traffic lights and then will come to a 3 way stop at the top of the hill. Continue for ~ 1 1/2 miles and then turn left onto Handys Bend Road. Gun Club is at the end of the road.

Fred,
    Your daughter can contact me for help with Blue Grass Traps, I am in the phone book.

Charlie A Becknell, MD
    www.daklex.com
    Lexington, KY

6. Browning Man

Browning Man TS Member

Thanks agian for the help guys, I had a good time at Bluegrss today, great targets, plan on going back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blue grass traps

bluegrass traps
browning man killer trap