1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue vs. Gray Shootout @ Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I notice in the Grand American program, they are having a Blue vs. Gray (north vs. south) handicap shootout on Monday of Grand week. They took the top 5 All-Americans from each location and made teams. Here is the following....

Blue Team:

Ricky Marshall (Krieghoff)

Tim Reed (Perazzi)

Gerald Demulling (Perazzi)

Scott Gens (Perazzi)

Tank Lunsford (Perazzi)

versus

Gray Team:

Leo Harrison (Beretta)

Harlan Campbell (Krieghoff)

Ray Stafford (Perazzi)

Dave Kelly (Perazzi)

Pat Stacey (Perazzi)

By each competitor's name, I included the gun make they shot. I may be incorrect on this, due to some of them may have changed guns since I last saw them. The interesting obsevation is....

(1) Beretta

(2) Krieghoff's

(7) Perazzi's

2. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Only one Beretta but does it speak the loudest?

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I figure the one thats speaks the loudest is the one that there are more of than anothers ... I also take into consideration that any gun put in the hands of a shooter like Big Leo would definately be noticed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

I'm still waitin for the indian, arrow, spear thing. mark

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The exact same spear or arrow makes some men look bigger and others look smaller depending on the mans size to begin with ... I asked an Indian Chief about the Arrow and the Indian theory once, he looked at me and said he has never knew that there was one but if someone talked about it, it must be true ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The exact same spear or arrow makes some men look bigger and others look smaller depending on the mans size to begin with ... I asked an Indian Chief about the Arrow and the Indian theory once, he looked at me and said he has never knew that there was one but if someone talked about it, it must be true ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

They will shoot the brand that gives them the best deal!(FREEBIES). CLYDE

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

They will shoot the brand that gives them the best deal!(FREEBIES). CLYDE

9. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Top shooters can shoot any gun because they would take it and work hard enough to figure it out. Talent helps a little to. Good idea how about a gun Dealer giving 10 top shooters the same style gun and have a shootout at the gread and have the top prize big enough to make them want to do it. Allen

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

That would be a very entertaining and great idea, then who ever wins gets to keep the gun and they could pass the hat for donations while the shoot is going on for the jackpot money ... They get 15 minutes to set the thing up right out of the factory wrapper and then hit the firing line ... Don't you love the way we spend the gun makers money and it don't cost us a dime ..? The guns could be signed and donated by the shooter with all the money going to charity ... If this thing happens get in touch with me and I will send you Charity's address and phone nember ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

I know for a fact that charity's sister needs some help too. I will give her address if charity gets more than she needs. mark

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

The interesting observation I noticed was Perazzi's outweighing the field. I was also shocked that there wasn't a Silver Seitz in the group!

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Isn't Blaser kind of the new kid on the line? Could be a great advertizement.

14. shrek

shrek Active Member

seems a lot of the competition trap guns are like what Robert Duvall's character in Days of Thunder said about stock cars

"there ain't nothing stock about a stock car",

so while the action and barrel might be somewhat stock, the rest of it is probably adjusted, modified/ changed etc to make them work for the shooter.

15. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

I have an open bet with HCJR that he has yet to take me up on. The basis of the bet is:

1. I get to go to a gun store and pick out a gun of my choice.

2. The gun must be:

(a) 12 Gauge

(b) Capable of firing 2 shells

(c) Have choke tubes or a full choke

3. HCJR may not change the actual stock, add an adjustable comb or pad, but may modify it in other ways.

4. HCJR must average 90 over a 1000 target HOA to win the bet.

Which side do you like?

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

David Comroe,

Does he get to pick the blindfold of his choice or do you do that when you pick out the gun ..?

Most guns are made to fit the average person, most people are not cut to average sizes in one way or another which complicates things if you want to break clay targets ... The guns with all of the bells and whistles seem to be the most desirable which is pretty much why the Manufactors offer the adjustability items on most guns ... Hand HCJR a gun that he can adjust and I'm betting on him, a plain jane gun with no adjustments are a thing of the past for good reason .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Mr Comroe, I think I'd bet on Jr.

He just finished the Minn State shoot with a 1090x1100 HOA.

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I'll put my money on Jr also.. !!

As for the Blue and Gray... I'll put my money on the Gray team.

Jerry B.

19. THALL

THALL Member

While taking a clinic from Harlan, he asked if he could shoot my gun (at that time I was shooting a Browning 525 Sporting). He had never seen my gun before and asked for 10 shells. From post 3, he proceeded to call for 5 pair doubles. Shooting from his right hip, he broke the 5 pair. My money would be on Harlan. Tim Hall.

20. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Tim,

Did you teach Harlan that trick???

Doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.