1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Peters/Green remington

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If you are talking about All Americans Style, they are known for base wads wedging in the Bbl after firing, and problems from blowing up the gun to Bbl bulges, be very careful if you reload them, use on;ly in a break open gun and look through the Bbl after every shot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Some of the big box stores are selling a Peters labeled shell that is blue. It is really just like all the other current Remington target shells. Blue hull with a brass wash over steel base. Mark

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

As APrice mentioned above, the Remington Peters headstamp hulls were similar to what we have with the STS/Nitro... both compression formed in a couple of colors and loaded the same...

Personally, the Remington Premier (RTL) is my favorite. With a stiffer plastic material, IMO a superior reloadable hull...

regards all,

Jay

4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

A few months ago I inherited about 4000 once fired hulls from a long time trap shooter who was hanging up the sport and moving away. They were equally divided into Peter's Blue Magic and Remington Premier Green 12 gauge hulls. Both shells have the same headstamp on the brass base which reads REMINGTON 12 GA PETERS with three lines outlining the letters.

He told me that they dated from the now defunct (and missed) Remington Gun Club in Lordship, Stratford, CT. so that puts their date in the 1980's or at least 27 years old.

These shells reload and shoot very well. They are of a one piece heavy plastic and have no base wad which is removable or detachable. I have been using DRA12 (Downrange) and TGT12 wads with equal success.

However, one word of caution, the plastic in these shells that I have is getting old now and I am noticing that after the second reload a good 10% show tears in the hull material near the crimp.
    So you have to look them over before you reload to winnow out those that are fatigued.

These hull remind me of the old AA one piece hulls. I especially like the dark blue Peters hulls base on how they look.

If you got them, enjoy them.

Art

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I had a bunch of the Blue Magic hulls from the late 70s/early 80s. I took a long break from shooting from the late 80s until about 2000. When I started shooting again I loaded them up. Almost all of them eventually failed by splitting in the body of the hull perpendicular to the base, not by cracking near the mouth. I've never had any other hulls fail that way. They were good hulls to load, and I used the same recipe I use for Premier/Nitro 27 hulls, but my impression was that they didn't last quite as long. Perhaps it was due to their sitting for 15 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

once fired blue peters

remington peter premier hulls