1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Park Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 17145, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17145

17145 TS Member

I have not been on this site in a while. Does anybody know the statis of BluePark Gun Club? I thought they were going to get a reprieve. My guess is that they would have reopened by now, or did Cook County squash them altogether?

2. 17145

17145 TS Member

3. 17145

17145 TS Member

TS?

4. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

It is my understanding that they cannot shoot on the property. So sad 80 plus years of heritage fading away.

5. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

club sits on its own property lead falls on cook county forest preserve property.was article in sun times a while back on therefight to stay open. heard if they paid a monthly tax to r honest county politicans they could shoot on sundays. naturaly this had to be voted on. this is when the s--- hit fan. anti say the property is deemed recreation land and no guns plus the oak forest hospital or nut house sits on that property. during all this palos gun club let blue park members shoot at their members prices. from my understanding palos as of new year does not recipriate any more. yes i shot at this club yes i live in il. fortunatly in will co. unoffically from people at palos tyey r closed. ps. at 1 time this club sat in middle of i57 state of ill. moved them to its present site bet u didnt know this.

6. 17145

17145 TS Member

I know that a deal was struck, that contractors were able to use thier club house as an office during the I-57 constuction project. Blue Park received in compensation, the building was relocated and new trap fields were built. I dont know what year that was. Sad to here that they will not re-open.

7. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I have the pleasure of shooting with the legends of Blue Park at Palos Sportsman Club and its good to see them not walk away from the sport. When any club or gun shop is closed rarely does a new one open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blue park gun club