1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Park Gun Club in Oak Forest Illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 17145, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17145

17145 TS Member

Blue Park Gun Club has received a "Cease and Desist" order, does anybody have any information why?

2. 3on8

3on8 Member

I believe the land their shot falls on is being sold. Something to do with the county. It is the last Gun Club in Cook county.

3. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I had the pleasure of shooting at this club earlier this year. I thought I had hit the motherlode. A club ten minutes from my house in Cook County. Friendly, knowledgeable shooters, great food, hot coffee and good friends. Little did I know that this was a brief encounter. I was present at the last day that shooting was permitted. I met three genreations of family members that had built solid memories to last a life time. It was a diamond in the rough and I can only hope that these members will be absorbed into other clubs less we lose not only a club but future generations of shooters. Thanks for the memories Blue Park Gun Club Members!

4. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Once again I was able to participate at the only gun club in Cook County. Looks like Sunday Dec 26th could be the Swan Song for this historic club. What a sad thought this is. If you have ever visited you would know why. Hot coffee, great chow for lunch, friendly shooters, competitive games and sports on the TV.

I realize I posted on this earlier this year. The club was reopened however it could be closed for good after the last Sunday in December. I was looking at the aerial photo of the club dated 1954 and wondered how many generations of shooters passed thru this clubhouse.

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I thought Maywood was in DuPage County. They are located on County Line Road, and are on the west side of it which I believe is DuPage County. Also a county lookup for their address (700 N. County Line Road) indicates DuPage county.

I looked for a map but couldn't find anything with any great detail. Looks like the boundary runs right up I-294.

Scott

6. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I believe I could find the place after looking them up on Google maps.

When do they shoot?

7. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

The Cook County Board with a vote of 8-6 voted to grant the club a land use permit for it's Sunday morning shoots.Commissoner Jeffery Toboloski was so upset over the vote that he drafted a letter to Board president Toni Preckwinkle urging her to veto the boards action..Jeffery is a Dumbocrat..
    The club did pay the county $30 dollars a week to shoot over the shot fall zone..Now they will have to pay $80 dollars for one week..
    Arnold Randall the district Superintendant Didn't think the land use was Appropriate for Forest Preserve land..I guess Illegals growing Pot is OK..
    Blue Park is Located in Markham IL..It is on the South West corner of 159 Street and Pulaski St,,Use thew frontage road to get there.
    Like most Gun Clubs they have never had a accident..But Arnold brought up the safety Issue..Maybe he should check the biking accidents or the drownings in the districts lakes.Also throw in a few murders or rapes on the Forest preserve land..The final terms will are coming..They should be open this summer..

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Ok, Sunday morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blue park gun club

oak forest gun club