1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Park Gun Club IL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wolfman, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

never heard of it.

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Nice place to shoot. Small club, and the people were pretty friendly... Some massive game shooters, bring your A+ game if want to shoot for money and some Large shells. Trap and skeet, probably more trap orientated. Some people used to object to the fact that you could "consume" while you were shooting. No ATA, and I don't believe leagues. It has been probably 20 years since I shot there, but it is still there. Lot's of good memories about the Club. Things may have changed... Rick Gibbs

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

never heard of it but if you google it you can get a phone number and address. I don't think its a trap range

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I stand corrected, sorry for the misinformation

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Fanugee:

Don't know if this is what you're asking about but there's a small club at the intersection of I-57 and Crawford Ave. It's on the north side of I-57 and west side of Crawford Ave. about half way between 159th and 167th street.

I haven't been past there in about three years but I used to see shooters there on the weekend from time to time. I asked for details about it on TS.C back in 2005 or maybe 2006 but nobody knew anything about it.

sissy

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Fanuge:

I don't know how many fields are used but the club has three regular trap layouts and one combination trap and skeet field. Based on aerial photos of the place, it looks like shots taken from station 7 and high house eight could potentially 'rain' shot on I-57 traffic.

To see for yourself, google 'Bing maps'. Using the intersection of interstates I-80 and I-57 as a starting point, drill down to successively closer views until you find where Crawford Ave* intersects with I-57. Then click on the icon for an 'aerial' or 'birds eye' view.

sissy

Note: The Crawford Ave. I mention and the Pulaski road that Palos shooter mentions are the same street. Some stretches are mapped as Pulaski, other stretches as Crawford. Maps for the area you are asking about call it Crawford Ave.

7. 17145

17145 TS Member

Blue Park Gun Club has been there since the 1940's. I use to shoot there years ago when they played a game called "skeet protection". Just like protection from the 27 yard line, but you were shooting targets thrown from the high and low houses. I know they shoot trap games there on Sunday afternoon, but it is for members only, they don't want a big gun coming in and cleaning house. If you are a non-member and want to shoot trap or skeet, thats OK, you will just pay the normal guest fees.

8. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I'll be darned - it is there! Lived here all my life, and shot here for the last 12 years. Never heard of it! I'll have to check it out some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bluepark sportsmanclub