1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLUE DUSTER PRICE #@&^%$#$$$$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WarEagle2017, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I bought 5000 Blue Duster Wads at Gander MT. about one year ago for $6.95 per 500 went back to the same Gander MT. in Salisbury MD. yesterday same exact wads were prices at $12.95 per 500, here we are conserned about lead, well now I guess that the chinese must be buying up all the plastic also, has anyone else experinces this ????? I am about ready to toss in the Towel on this whole game.

2. WarEagle2017

I bought 5000 Blue Duster Wads at Gander MT. about one year ago for $6.95 per 500 went back to the same Gander MT. in Salisbury MD. yesterday same exact wads were prices at $12.95 per 500, here we are conserned about lead, well now I guess that the chinese must be buying up all the plastic also, has anyone else experinces this ????? I am about ready to toss in the Towel on this whole game.

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Gander mountain is overpriced on just about everything. I haven't even been in one of their stores in over a year, because its not really worth it for me to spend so much extra money. I'm buying wads for about $6-7 a bag from Dawson Enterprises. You should really look around for another source for your components.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Gander Mountain is high on everything! drhuner, give me a shout. I will get you some of the Downrange XL-1 1/8 (blue) wads. You will never try anything else.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises (270) 804-5454

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I bought Down Range Windjammer wads for just under $60.00 per 5,000 at Graf and Sons Missouri Fall Hdcp. Great wads

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. newcastle

newcastle Member

I ran into the same price up hear in MN, use to buy the dusters on sale for 6.00 now there up to around 11 or 12 bucks a bag at gander. I went across the street to sportsmans warehouse and bought some for 6.50 a bag, not the dusters but they work just fine.

7. WarEagle2017

Thanks Guys there is HOPE

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gander mountain seems to have adopted a policy of not handling reloading components, and keeping what's on the shelf priced very high.

The really like to sell clothing to people with lots of money and not much common sense.

I could get a combo pack with Gander logo T shirt and hat for only 20 bucks.

What a deal.

Keep it, guys. At that price you need it more than me.

HM

9. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Cabelas doesn't give a break on reloading components either!

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Reloading trapshooters/skeeters is not the "big-box" market... what they want is the weekend warrior or the seasonal hunter who is not price conscious and is willing to pay retail and for the conveniences of one-stop shopping.

Jay

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

As a Duster distributor, their prices have only gone up a little. What kills me on them is shipping. By the time I get them here, I can buy most other brands for less.

I have a few loyal customers. Several times a year we get up a sizable order. The Duster is a very good wad.

12. Buckeye

Buckeye Member

Call Recobs Target Shop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.