1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

blue Dot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cardude, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardude

Cardude TS Member

Was wondering why there seems to be such a shortage on blue dot powder ! Im in Ky were or who has it in stock ! Thanks

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I didn't think anyone shot the old "Blue Hummers" anymore now that they outlawed lead shot for ducks and geese. I used to shoot a lot of it, along with Winchester 571 ball powder for the "reach out and touch'em" loads. Found out over the years that there were a lot of better loads that didn't scramble my brains after 10-15 shots. Switched to Herco, and never looked back. I know of one extremely talented shooter that could break 5 of 5 from at least 40-50 yards using Federal Papers, 3 dram, 71/2"s out of his Ljutic. A friend(?) from Washington got him hooked on Blue Dot and he has never shot as well as he used to. Recoil knocks the snot out of him after a while.... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

I love Blue Dot for Magnum Pistol (10mm Auto specifically). For me it meters great out of a cheapie Lee powder measure and provides the best power for that round. I haven't had any trouble finding it here it North Texas but I usually only buy in 1 lb canisters. I have no experience with it in shotguns however, but it seems like it would be a phenomenal turkey or waterfowl powder.

James

4. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

I agree on Blue Dot for pistols, I use it for reduced loads in my 44 mag and it works great! I have a 3 pound keg of it and didn't know there was a problem getting it. Try Midway.

5. KRK32

KRK32 Member

Call middletown and see if they can order it prices are pretty descent and take a drive their and pay and pick it up when its in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.