1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Book Values vs Actual Retail

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by portdive, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portdive

portdive TS Member

I am new to competitive shooting and am looking for my first all around sporting gun. I have narrowed my choice down to a Beretta 682 Gold Sporting. I have found many that are like new, but they are all priced over blue book by 500 to 800 dollars. Is that typical on the retail side.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The price usually depends on if you are looking to buy it or sell it, thats where the biggest differences come in ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bring cash and make a reasonable offer. I would suggest shooting the gun before buying it. It's nice to get a gun that shoots straight and does not beat you up. HMB

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Blue Book is a general guide line, mostly current and within reasonable price range, however, there're lots of sellers asking higher than retail. Check auction sites you'll see high prices don't sell.

BTW, 682 is a very good choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.