1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue book on guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mnflatlander, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mnflatlander

Mnflatlander TS Member

I am new to this web-site. A co-worker directed me to this web site. I
    am looking for a web site that can possibly help me try to find what a used gun will sell for or what its worth. I may be looking to sell a few
    shotguns. Any info will help. Thanks, Phil

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Send me a description of what you have and any flaws in the gun. I'll tell you what the "book" says and give you starting price.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Go to www.gunsamerica.com www.gunauction.com www.gunbroker.com Type in the maker and model and you will see the guns and the prices. Now remember your gun will have to be graded 100% or is it 50% condition? Does it have a rare cal? and so on.

4. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

DB,

Very good advice!

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill is right on

Blue book is the best their is but sometimes it isnt that close--

you need a seller and a buyer and you also need to realize that for some reason when a dealer sells something they can often command 25-45 percent more than a private individual can

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Easiest way is to look on gunbroker and see what people are asking for a similar gun, it will at least give you a ballpark figure.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Listen to Kelly. I sold a Colt BOA on GunBroker last Spring. BlueBook had it at $650. Final selling price on GunBroker was $2,175!!

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

You might want to pull up the smart search on gunbroker and look at the completed auctions. Thais will give you an idea of what they are selling for not what people are asking for them.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You might want to pull up the smart search on gunbroker and look at the completed auctions. Thais will give you an idea of what they are selling for not what people are asking for them.

This is the best advive on the board as it gives you a real worl idea of what people are really paying for an item. I find the blue book is only useful to determine if a gun could be rare for some reason. Blue bok said a gun I sold was worth 1850.00 dollars. I sold it for 5500.00 Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.