1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLU gun oil???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Bought some stuff at the Grand in the Shell House building called BLU gun oil. Do any of you have any experience with this? Is it good stuff or should I pitch it and stick with RemOil? Jack

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you're using it on a shotgun, even olive oil will work!

The Q20 people compare BLU to a bunch of "world's leading" products but don't give any names; that's gotta tell ya something!

Keller

3. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

I'd throw away the BLU and the Remoil and get some Gunzilla. Bob Schutlz sells the Gunzilla and it works, Remoil is basically WD40 and I was reading the ingredients to BLU and I wouldn't want get that stuff anywhere near anything of value especially breathing in the fumes. Jake

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Frankly, reading the MSDS data for Gunzilla and CLP (which I much prefer), the CLP seems less hazardous and irritating plus the CLP manufacturers will tell me what's in it rather than hiding behind some NJ trade secrets law ("secret" ingredients are always better, ya know). And again, lots of claims that "these guys prefer" and "those guys use" but no names for these or those guys.

For me, I know that CLP is a more effective cleaner (I compared them on the same gun) and I found Gunzilla didn't remove rust (like it claims) any better than some other oils or even water... and I can buy it just about anywhere. May work OK on black powder but that's not my thing. If ya like Gunzilla, use it. I'll stick with CLP.

Keller

5. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

I've used CLP, my store sells it and it works good. Just curious why Gunzilla says "The world's best CLP" on the bottle? Anyhow Gunzilla and CLP are good cleaners in my book. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blu gun oil