1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloomberg Looses Soda Ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Jerbear, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/11/report-judge-overturns-nycs-soda-ban/

A judge has overturned New York City’s proposed ban on all sugary drink larger than 16 ounces, ruling that the new regulations are illegal, according to a breaking Reuters report:

-------------------------------------------------

New York city is “enjoined and permanently restrained from implementing or enforcing the new regulations,” New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling decided Monday, adding that Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s attempts at “portion control” are both “arbitrary” and “capricious.“

“The simple reading of the rule leads to the earlier acknowledged uneven enforcement even within a particular city block, much less the city as a whole … the loopholes in this rule effectively defeat the state purpose of the rule,” the decision adds.

Scheduled to take effect Tuesday, the sugar ban would have applied to theaters, restaurants, and most sports venues, TheBlaze noted earlier today.

The regulations would not have affected grocery or convenience stores that don’t serve prepared food, CBS New York points out. It also wouldn’t have applied to non-sugary drinks, diet soda, “or anything that has at least 50 percent milk or milk substitute.”

Hahaha..... Time to fight back against these dictators.....

[​IMG]

Jerbear

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Now its time to go after A. Como!!

Dictators, Naw, more like Tyrannical Commies!!

3. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Really?? WOW!!

Let me button my shirt so my heart doesn't fall out.

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Why doesn't he just float away in his soda laws..."Bloomersburger"...what a joker!!!!!

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sad thing is the aholes in NYC would re elect him.

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Good ridance! I'm so sick of left wing aholes flexing their muscles everytime a few of them get elected. I sick of so called do gooders making messes for everyone else to clean up! Obanacare!

What I am really sick of is the malinformed idiots that vote pinheads like Bloomberg, Cuomo, Obama and virtually all of our legislators in CA,,,,IN!

IF you're going to be so poorly informed that you can't even name the guy you just voted for or pick him out of a lineup, maybe you should just not vote.

We'd all be better off if you stayed home! And that's a fact!

Randy

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The thing I hate most is his meddling in the politics of other states by financing left wingers...why dont he spend his "way to much money" to finance keeping the white house open for the people who own it to visit??

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Because to a liberal democrat it is about themselves not America or Americans!!

Bloomberg probably doesn't even know the WH belongs to The People!

9. Beni

Beni Member

Sorry Rick Im from western new york big difference.I didnt vote for him,please make sure you say the citiots from NYC voted for him. Thank you very much.............beni

10. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

Dont think this is about soda its about being in the spotlight see what Ive done, with so many real problems they drivel B.S K.W

11. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

If Bloomberg thinks his constituents are incapable of decisions on how much to eat or drink then the same logic applies to voting as they are incapable of making a voting decision so his election should be overturned. ed nichols

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And the butthole isn't giving up...boy they just hate not being told they cant have the control do they??

13. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

He will appeal and spend some more tax money, and on and on and on.

14. darr

darr Well-Known Member

As screwed up as NY City is and this is what this idiot spends his time on.On the bright side he probably pissed off all those fat a-- welfare moms.He might just lose some votes.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.