1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLM, PULLING GUN ON RANCHER, FACTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    November 13, 2001?<br>
    <br>
    Surely by now there would be a story to accompany the photo?

2. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Can someone fill me in on the story? I don't see any Law Enforcement Officer just drawing his weapon for no reason. There's more to this story.

3. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Gordon,

I checked the website. All it said was somting about BLM selling cattle to a 19 year old california kid who borrowed his grandmothers credit card. Nothing about why the officer drew his weapon. From the picture I don't see a reason but I wasn't there so that's why I'm asking what happened.

Jerry

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If they want their story out, why all the hoopla about copyrighting it? That just ensures that this story is not going to be disseminated as widely as they'd like.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Gordon, in my humble opinion the ranchers aren't always the good guys either. A few years back one of them in the Sawtooth National Forest south of Twin Falls ID pulled a gun on a ranger who had the audacity to try to count his cows to see whether he was over limits on his permit. He was. A few years back I asked who had the permit for the unit NE of Montpelier, ID against the Wyoming border, and how many animals were permitted. The Forest Service told me, and I offered to show them about three times as many cows in one small two by four mile valley in that unit as were permitted for the whole unit of hundreds of square miles. They said they knew it, but couldn't do anything about it because of political pressure. I don't know how many times I've been driving out of the Salmon National Forest after an elk hunt in November, and see cows trailing out along the road. According to their permit, they are supposed to have the cows off the Forest before October. They pay less than $2 per AUM (animal unit month), which is a cow and calf or five sheep for one month of grazing. You can't even feed a cat for that amount of money, never mind a dog. They can't come close to that price leasing private ground. Then it gets even better if they put several times the number of animals on it than the permits allow, and run them several months more than they pay for. I don't know how many times I have been out hunting and find all the creeks beat to hell by the cows, and cow shit all over the place.

I like your wood, but choose to disagree with you about ranchers and public land. Too many of them think of it as theirs to use for free, and not all of ours.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.