1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLM in AZ > ban on outdoor shooting/hunting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We own the land too. This has reached the point of being tyranny.<br>
    <br>
    BLM Proposes Banning Recreational Shooting on Arizona Public Lands -- Ironwood Forest National Monument<br>
    <br>
    The 128,000-acre Ironwood Forest National Monument is under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management and is generally opened to dispersed recreational shooting. A management plan just released for public review and comment is likely to change that if BLM's preferred management alternative (Alternative C) is adopted. Alternative C would close the Monument to recreational shooting. Hunting would continue to be allowed for the time being.<br>
    <br>
    The proposed recreational shooting prohibition on 128,000 acres of public land in the Monument is simply a first step toward banning the discharge of all firearms for all reasons, including hunting. If the federal government can ban shooting on an area this vast and rural, it can and will ban shooting on other federal lands. They must be stopped now! Unfortunately, this is the continuation of a patter of discrimination against gun owners across the nation whether it's national forests or other public lands like BLM operated monuments. It's time that gun owners standup and be counted! Until recently, recreational shooting has always been recognized as a legitimate use of most public lands.<br>
    <br>
    The plan contains 4 alternatives: A is the no-action alternative that would keep current management as is; B is the most restrictive management alternative and along with C, would close the Monument to recreational shooting; and D is the most access-oriented and would allow shooting to continue. To review the document go to http://www.blm.gov/az/LUP/ironwood/ironwood_plan.htm.<br>
    <br>
    BLM has scheduled five public meetings to present its plan to the public and allow for comment and discussions. The meetings are as follows:<br>
    <br>
    March 29, 2007: Tucson, Arizona -- Pima County Parks & Recreation, 3500 West River Road, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.<br>
    <br>
    April 3, 2007: Sahuarita, Arizona -- Sahuarita High School, 350 West Sahuarita Road, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.<br>
    <br>
    April 5, 2007: Chandler, Arizona -- Chandler Public Library, City Council Chambers, 22 South Delaware Street, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.<br>
    <br>
    April 10, 2007: Sells, AZ -- Legislative Council Chambers, Main Street, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.<br>
    <br>
    April 12, 2007: Tucson, Arizona 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. --Pima County Parks & Recreation, 3500 West River Road, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.<br>
    <br>
    Comments on the plan are due by May 30 and can be submitted by mail to Mark Lambert, BLM Planner, at 12661 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85748, or sent via email to AZ_IFNM_RMP@blm.gov.

2. Brian in Oregon

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a lot of BLM land about 20 minutes north of where I live and people like to go out and take a stroll in the desert ... I have seen Dune Buggies all over the place up there and on more than one occasion have seen shooters walking around with anything from a .22 rifle to a 30.06 and just about anything in between ... They shoot at things in the desert just to burn up ammo and to avoid paying a small range fee at the Avery Center which is about 3/4 mile east of this particular area ... There is nothing like talking a stroll in the desert and have some clown whizzing live rounds past your head ... There are signs all over the place that say "No Shooting allowed" in the area obviously because there are other people who just might be in the same area ... There is one Cactus that must have 1000 bullet holes in it, so someone is either trying to kill the thing or needs a target as big as a tree to be able to hit anything ... I know of two people who have went up there to take a walk in the desert and had their vehicles hit by some of these clowns who are shooting at the air and hitting many other things in doing so ... People ruin it for themself and this is a prime example of one of the ways they do it ... I don't go up there anymore, but if I did and some clown starts shooting, I shoot back ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I am with WPT on this subject although loss of places to hunt bothers me too. Am tired of seeing shot up water heaters, refrigerators, propane tanks,paint cans, etc. and the propaganda they generate for local anti-gun media. City and County councils that hide approved public funds for target range construction share in the blame for this also. Still have vivid memories of my first Lab leaving blood stains all over the snow while Grouse hunting in New Jersey after running thru a pile of shot up beer bottles on some jerks "target range".

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I hear you guys but you know as well as I that these are the same people who throw garbage on the side of the road and dump oil in the storm drain. These people are not hunters. This is Zumbonian type logic and there is no place for it if we wish to keep our guns long term. Sorry about your Lab Exfedex that makes me see red. My Lab cut her foot open and damn near lost it on a pickle jar left in a river after the crawfish trapper broke it but was too lazy to pick up the broken pieces. These people are everywhere and they are who we need to focus our energy on,the buck toothed, inbred, sons a bitches that do this stuff. Jeff

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

WPT is correct!!! Our Arizona lands are "national treasures",,,,and the one thing that can ruin it all for everyone is Joe Sixpack!!!!

Everytime the outdoor writers from the Arizona Rep put on paper HOW TO get to a certain area,,,I cringe!!! Because sure as hell,,,,some drunken fool will steal a piece of 1000 year old pottery,,or shoot holes in petroglyhs,,or worse yet,,spray paint his damn name on the rock faces!!!! The last thing you want to hear in a natioanl monument or wilderness area is a gunshot or motorized vehicle!!!! In many of our areas access is restricted to foot travel only,,,and not even hanggliders or planes are allowed to fly over!!!

Some areas are treated the same as if you walked into the vatican,,,some areas are so sacred,,,you can't even step foot in them without an Indian Guide,,and some areas the Indians won't even go because it was the home of the Old Ones,,,the ones who came before!!!!! Arizona is Unique in many ways,,,and I hope it stays that way!!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

AKA Grammie.........

7. Brian in Oregon

Oh Sweet Mary Mother of God..... I cannot believe what I'm hearing....<br>
    <br>
    As cited in a post above, the area you are whining about is ALREADY marked NO SHOOTING. The idiots who are violating the law need to be swiftly and severely dealt with, not shut down more land to those who obey the rules and regulations. And in particular, hunters. That's just all we need, MORE hunting land being closed off.<br>
    <br>
    Don't go Zumbo on this. Put the blame squarely where it falls - the idiots - and not punish the law abiding and safety conscience hunters and shooters.<br>
    <br>
    If you have to, get off your asses and write down vehicle license plates and turn the law breakers in. That's far better than banning large blocks of land for the law abiding.<br>
    <br>
    I swear, some of you need deprogramming to get rid of the satanic influence of Sarah Brady.<br>

8. grammie

grammie TS Member

If we allowed people to "us it as we see fit",,,We would have grave robbing pot hunters destroying artifacts,,,people shooting eagles,,hawks,,desert bighorns,,trapping rare animals for profit,,in many instances it IS the law-abiding citizen thru ignorance that cause much damage!!!

Much of the ground is "mineral rich",,,if we used it as we saw fit,,Bulldozers would be tearing the earth for the ore it contains,,,Companies would rape the ground and desert vegetation simply to flavor the meat you cook on your grill!!! Sometimes its better when man is nowhere around!!!!

One of the worst acts of sheer stupidity was the creation of Lake Powell,,,what lies under that water was the 8th wonder of the world!!!!! With the whisk of a pen,,its gone!!! And that was using the land as we saw fit!!!

This has nothing to do with Sarah Brady,,nothing at all!!!

Use it as we saw fit,,,and there would be a Pakistani owned 7/11 at Weavers Needle,,,a Walgreens at Rogers Trough,,a Harkins Theatre at Vulcans Throne,,a Ford Dealer at Papago Wells,,a billboard with flashing lights at Jack in the Pulpit.....Man can only mar it...........

AKA Grammie..............

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The signs I was talking about are full of bullet holes also and they are on the side of the road ... I'm not sure what you mean by the Sarah Brady influence because we don't let her influence anything here in Arizona, but can tell you that the people who are doing the shooting and blowing holes in the air are more dangerous than you'd imagine being as they shoot and do not even know what or who they might hit once they drop the hammer ... I still say its the people themself that will be the cause of shutting down shooting in open areas and be the cause of them to be non shooting areas because of their own stupidity and that don't have anything to do with Sarah Brady or any laws, but does have something to do with peoples lives ... There is a shooting range less than a mile away and there they can shoot to their hearts content and never put another person or that persons property in harms way ... I'm not in favor of restrictions anymore that others but can see that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I heard a story about an idiot who shot a lot of bullets into a saguaro, and it fell over and killed him.

True or not, I like it.

HM

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Those same idiots also shoot the he!! outa road signs, all across the country!! Houses in the background? They don't care! A little camera work would put their azz in jail where they belong. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

access to blm land in tucson with hunting license

blm land near me to shoot

out door shooting range on blm land in arizona

rules for target shooting on blm in az

shooting on blm land arizona

shooting on blm land in arizona