1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLM,Forest Service,NPS, Going overboard

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flyfishinfool, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Gordon - I don't know what part of the country you live in but I hate to see the U.S. Forest Service lumped in with the National Park Service as far as the way they treat folks and manage their land. I have dealt a lot with government agencies over the last 35 years and my opinions are:

State Forestry and/or Wildlife - underpaid bunch of very dedicated folks. Overall very good.

BLM - no experience with them as they are not in my area

Corp of Engineers - I wished Congress would reduce their funding. Arragant bunch of SOB's that think they have the right to re-route the Mississippi River through New York City if they like. No respect for them what so ever.

National Park Service - bunch of beaurocrats that can't make a decision about anything. If it ain't in the book they can't do it. For the most part they don't have a clue as to how the rest of the world operates.

U.S. Forest Service - They do a superb job of managing their land for multiple uses. I have a high regard for them. There are exceptions but for the most part they are excellent to work with. Yes, they are beaurocratic but less so than the Corp or NPS by a long shot ! I have been involved with land trades, road use agreements, boundary line issues and joint fire supprression efforts with the U.S.F.S. and can honestly say they have always been fair to deal with. So, I find it a bit suprising that they are riding rough shod over the public in your area.

Mileage may vary. Comments above are just based on my experiences

Dan

2. larryjk

larryjk Member

I used to work for one of those agencies. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. I don't believe the story about an agent pulling a gun on a mormon bishop. How would anyone (except another local mormon) know the person was a mormon bishop? The only BLM personnel who carry guns are uniformed personnel who carry a visible badge and drive a vehicle that has the agency emblem and Law Enforcement on the door. Sounds to me like someone drank too many Pepsi's.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    WE THE PEOPLE own this land. It is NOT the government's job to keep THE PEOPLE from using it.<br>
    <br>
    There isn't a day that goes by that the government doesn't prove destructive to the principles of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, as well as becoming an entity that works to conspire against the very citizens who are supposed to control it.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

Yes, indeed, lets blather on in complete ignorance of any facts- it's the American way.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, I concede to you, Anonymous. You're an expert on blathering on without any facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.