1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blizzard

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BlueDot, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueDot

BlueDot TS Member

This is some wild weather we are having here in central Ohio. Just went out and measured over 9 inches of snow and it is still falling. Weather man says we are supposed to get 4-5 more inches before the storm stops. They keep callin it the Blizzard of 08. Cant wait till its about 85 out...Kaleb

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well up here in Alaska it's been in the 40's and the snow is almost gone. I love this global warming.

Jim

3. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

I stuck a ruler in 5" of snow on my picnic table yesterday evening. It disappeared about an hour ago. We working on 13" here in SW Ohio, and its still snowing hard. But, I bet there is some diehard shooters shooting the calcutta at Middletown this afternoon. Ken

4. BlueDot

BlueDot TS Member

All the roads are shut down here in Thornville. I m so bored Ive takin apart my model 12 3 times and cleaned it all up

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am sitting in Nashville, Tn, taking the day off. Just enough snow to make travel difficult. Tomorrow, it should top 50 degrees.

I guess it's time to go load several flats of trap loads, and some rifle ammo.

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Time to reload ammo and get ready for the warm weather that is sure to come. Here in Chillicothe Ohio we have about 8 inches of snow.
    Don

7. porky

porky TS Member

In Alaska, the coastal areas are warmed by the Japanese current. Something like the current that flows from the Carribean to Europe. I have relatives in Juneau that keep telling me that they are mowing their lawns at Christmas.

8. primer

primer TS Member

It has been cold here the people are going to the stores to make sure they have enough for the weekend. The temp only get up to 69. They closed the pool, only 72 tomorrow. Please don't feal sorry for us we will make it.

9. chessney

chessney TS Member

You Ohio people are having a ball I bet! Here in Pittsburgh everything you got turned to rain when it got here. How about some pics? Have fun....Ziggy

10. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Im not sure what the final tally is. I can see about a foot on my gas grill. Three to four ft. drifts around my cars. (central Ohio)

It only takes about an inch or two to induce panic here. Back in the 50s we had hard snows every winter, everyone coped with it.

A lady customer of mine years ago was from Wisconsin.

Whats with you Ohio people and snow? She was amused.

Were finally getting what you folks in Wis. and Minn. have been getting for years. Have a good laugh on us.

Regards...Gerald

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

I feel sorry for you guys and gals down south. Up here in sunny Alaska it is 49 degrees today.

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Don't want to sound mean but; I'm glad it's in Ohio nad not in Northern Illinois I've had it with winter!!!!! Think I'd slit my throat if we got that much more freakn snow. Might as well move to Iowa

13. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Here in Southern IL we have MUD lots of MUD hopfully the next few days will allow for the ground to dry out so when we get our next batch of rain we don't flood.

Trap League starts in Sparta on Thursday night and guess what rain is predicted.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.