1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blinders question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doug Brown, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I tried some blinders on my glasses for the first time today. Didn't seem to help or hurt. Any thoughts?

2. pa pete

pa pete Member

Check out the ones sold by Dennis Cates. http://www. dcatestrapshootingblinders.com
    "Pete" McDonough

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

A must have item. Keeps the barrel bouncers out of you vision.

4. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

When I started this game about 28 years ago, I had to have EVERY gadget, gimmick and accessory that was available. I assumed it would make me a better shooter, since I saw someone else wearing or using it. Blinders were no exception, and I wore them for about the next 25 years.

Three years ago, I purchased a pair of the Ranger XLW shooting glasses. They have the "wrap-around" lenses. The zippered case that is provided with these glasses requires one to remove the blinders for storage.

Call it laziness........call it "whatever". I simply stopped using blinders after I got these new glasses.

Three years later, I can honestly say that my scores are neither better or worse, than they were while I did wear blinders. Just my experience........

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

The above link should work.

When I C&P'ed the info above in Pete's post there was an extra space between the 'dot' after www and the rest of the addy.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Wait till you get back to the 22 and someone to your right or left is at the 20 yard line (or two yards ahead of whatever yardage you shoot at)and they start waving the gun just as you are about to shoot.....you'll appreciate the blinders then.....they keep you from squinting in the bright light too, reduces head strain and a headache maybe too

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

They work great if your eyes water in the wind. NOT good for skeet!

8. laura!

laura! Member

I made my own from a plastic folder so they stick out a little farther and go up to my ball cap visor. When it rains I don't get a drop on my lenses.

9. pa pete

pa pete Member

locdoc, thanks! "Pete" McDonough.

10. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

If movement on the line distracts you, go ahead and try them. Me, I tend to wear one or the other depending on where the sun is. My Ranger glasses are not the wrap-around type, and when sun comes in between me and the glasses, it distorts the image.

11. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I was not a fan for a long time. But one shoot in a stiff cross wind caused my eyes to water really badly. My score suffered and ever since I have worn them in competiton.

One interesting note, I make up a velcro attachment system for my blinders, since I didn't like the feel of the plastic up against my face. I am an aerospace engineer so I had to make something cool looking. I layed up some carbon fiber and trimmed it to fit. Now I have composite blinders..works for me:)

-Aaron

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

You can make them yourself from the 4lb or 8lb BLACK plastic containers the powder comes in! I did buy some really neat ones from a guy on EBay tho.....neato....ducks, gun brands, etc. Nice product, great prices!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trap-Shooting-Blinders_W0QQitemZ140220111588QQihZ004QQcategoryZ111292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

13. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Hey Goose,

It shouldn't be a problem. Let me check my carbon stock in the garage. Drop me an email:

aaron dot valdes at cox dot net

I am in San Diego, Ca.

-Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.