1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blinders for Pilla Panther Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Bradbury, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I have a pair of Pilla Panther no post shooting glasses that I really like. I cannot find any blinders that work with them. I contacted Pilla directly and they told me that they had blinders for their other glasses but not the Panther no post glasses. Does anyone out there make and sell blinders that work well on these glasses? I have been using them with no blinders but do get distracted from time to time by seeing someone moving beside me and I see them out of the corners of my eyes.

Thank You,

Jim Bradbury

2. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Get ya some black styrene plastic then go to your local sign shop and get a foot of your favorite color vinyl. Make a template with say cardboard, then cut em out with scissors. Get an exacto knife to cut the holes for the arms of the glasses. Thats how I make mine. With never seeing your glasses, I wouldn't know where to bein to make ya a pair. You may have 10-15.00 tied up in em but you'll be able to make several pair.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The problem is the design of the glasses really prevents you from using anything rigid. I made a set using cloth backed neoprene and they're working pretty well.

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Bama... bless your heart but your perfectly viable solution just won't work for these fancy Italian designer shootin' glasses that cost $600 bucks and more.

I would be a classy combo tho.... $700 dollar glasses with home-made blinders

Guy B.

5. dflo

dflo Member

Ok Babin Quit makin' fun of your 2 short buddies that have these "fancy Italian designer shootin' glasses"

Dale

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Karl Hampel sells a pair the clip on your ballcap brim. They work extremely well. I like them best, and I shoot the Pilla Hawk glasses.

7. open choke

open choke TS Member

Big-M....

do you have a website link for the hat blinders? I have seen them before but I can't remember where.

The inside of my blinders get sweaty from the side of my face and it's getting annoying

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Dale you know I'm just green with envy!

Those girly glasses you and Bob wear do make youall seem a tad taller.

Me

9. dflo

dflo Member

Yep as green as an over ripe watermelon.

Maybe the Seitz guns add to that height as well.

Dale

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Oc i'll check when I get home.

11. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Big M,

I am interested in that web site as well. I usually do not wear a ball cap but may start. I gernerally wear a round brimmed hat as I am in the Seattle area and during the winter and spring you need everything you can get to help keep the rain off of your glasses. I have a round mesh hat that I usually wear in the summer but I am up for change if it will help.

Thank You,

Jim Bradbury

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

No it's not the Pillas or the SS gun pea-shooters... It IS that good lookin' red head on your arm that makes you a giant my friend! I know you know that.....

I just now realized that Bill Forester wears those same gay girly Pilla fancy sunglasses like you and Bob--he's not over 5'6 himself... Seems to be a trend.

See you's soon!

Me

13. Doc G

Doc G Member

Jim,
    I have the same Pilla glasses you do and have a source for blinders for you. These consist of a screw-on member for the temples of the glasses, which has a Velcro surface facing out. Then the blinders themselves have Velcro on them so the blinders can be attached in just about any position you want. They
    work very well.
    These can be obtained from Norm Gilmore at GOTA-HAV-IT, Inc. Norm's cell number is 815-252-2314.
    Doug

14. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Doc G,

I just got off of the phone with Norm. What a nice man. We chewed the fat for damn near a half hour. It was an enjoyable conversation. Thanks for giving me his number.

Jim Bradbury

15. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Jim, is Norm still making the velcro attachment? I have been looking for these for years!

16. happy

happy Member

I have the velcro blinders for sale. $25.00 shipped. Take credit cards or check. call 815-942-2788 store or 815-252-2314 cell. I'll be at grand 7th - 18th call cell then. I'll have some with me at grand ,Norm.

17. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Norm, can you post a picture of your product?

18. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

WOW, I talked to Norma nd ordered the blinders on THurday afternoon Seattle time. About 2:30 here. My wife had the blinders sitting on my reloading bench when I got home last night. I do not know how Norm managed to get them to me so darn fast but I am impressed. I plan on installing them tonight if I have enough time before our gun club board meeting. Norm thank you for the extremely fast service.

Jim Bradbury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blinders for pilla panther

panther pilla blinders

pilla blinders

pilla blinders for glasses
pilla panther no post shooting glasses
pilla side blinders for trapshooting
template for shooting glasses blinkers
trap shooting glasses blinders