1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blending 7.5s & 8s ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ed......... Don't waste your time and energy on trying this. The results will not even be noticeable....... Just my opinion.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Dan, you're right...I deleted my messages. Thanks, Ed

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Isn't that what they do with reclaimed shot? (pre-blended)

John C. Saubak

4. Ray Brasser

Ray Brasser Member

Several years ago I did a bunch of pattern tests with 6's and 5's. I found that the blend gave me a pattern that was worse that just 6's or just 5's. I suspect the same is true of 7.5's and 8's. I've come to believe that one of the most important factors in getting a good pattern is the consistency of shot size. The more variance you have in shot size, the more flyers you're going to have. The only exception to this is the "complex" loads that have all the 6's on the bottom and the 5's on top. Those seem to pattern pretty well. But when you mix shot sizes, like you'd find in reclaimed shot, you can't get a decent pattern from it.

Ray

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Yep. I have abandoned this idea as one of my poorer "pipe dreams". Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.