1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Blasers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vulcan, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulcan

Vulcan TS Member

I would appreciate feed back from anyone shooter a blaser.
    Thank you.
    Don Rimmer
  2. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I will revisit this later when I have more time (leaving the office now and meeting with out of town family), but I have had a horrible experience with Blaser. I love the gun but dealing with Blaser USA has been a mess. If I get the chance tonight i will post (with written evidence) of how shady they are.
  3. il shooter

il shooter Member

I own a blaser super trap and had a rib isssue sent in to blaser usa . They had it back to me in less then a week . paid shipping both ways they ship back by next day . I like the way it moves and the blance with the weights in the barrels and stock . be sure to shoot one before you buy then you will know if this is the one for you .
  4. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I have two and am very pleased with them AND the service from Blaser USA.
  5. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Blaser is the easiest company on the face of the earth to deal with.

If you had a problem- my guess is you are the problem

post away

Regards from Iowa

Gene Nosco
  6. Bueno

Bueno Member

I have to agree with Gene.
    I have a Blaser Super Sports, and it did have some small issues. I sent to Blaser in San Antonio and they returned to me in a couple of days, no charge, freight paid, working 100%.

I am really looking forward to buying more fancy Blasers, and they have helped me go to the next step, in all of my several shooting disciplines, sporting clays, live bird. international trap, American trap.
  7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Never heard or seen anyone complain about Blaser's customer service. First time for everything i guess.
  8. mooneymissle

mooneymissle Member

I shot a demo gun at Sparta last year. Shot both courses. Went in and dealt for a gun. The gun I bought shot high and no amount of regulation brought it down where I wanted it. I called Blaser and they were "very" dubious. I told them to come on up and I would show them. They said, Send us the barrels and we will check it out." They kept it for a "considerable" time. Couldn't get out to the WSC because of skeet championship and then the NSCA championship. I really didn't care, as I was in the midwest hunting. While hunting a CRP field in NE, my cell rang. It was Blaser saying they were sending me a new set of barrels! Gun now shoots GOOD! I would call that good service. Compared to Remington keeping a 3200 for over 6 months for an update. Browning keeping a Sporting Clays Gold automatic for more than 6 months to replace a broken bolt. Etc., etc., etc.
  9. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

First let me start by saying I purchased the Gun from Cove Creek Outfitters and have no problems with them. I special ordered the gun, and they literally had it in their hands for less than an hour from when I picked it up. Cove Creek is extremely nice, have great prices, and would recommend purchasing a gun from them.

With that out of the way, I will tell you a little bit about my Blaser experience. A couple of months ago I bought my first real trap gun, which was a Blaser F3 Luxus Super Trap. I didn’t want the mallard in the engraving so I special ordered the English Scroll, and Cove Creek was nice enough to get me a picture of the wood before Blaser USA shipped it. I liked the wood so the deal was all set up. The gun arrived at Cove Creek, which is 2 hours from me, on a Friday. I didn’t plan on picking the gun up until the following week, but a funeral in NJ meant I would be driving right past Cove Creek on the way to the funeral. The gun arrived at the shop about an hour before I got their. When I walked into the shop I check it over and everything seemed to be in order. It was around closing time for the store so I didn’t take off the comb to check it out.

That night when I arrived in NJ, I looked at the gun more closely and found the tiniest mark on it. I would say the mark was no bigger than the size of a pin, on the bottom edge of the comb. It was so small that I thought it was a piece of dust. I got a better light and noticed that the mark was in the clear coat. There was not a scratch, ding, or dent, rather the clear coat looked to be separating from the comb. I ever so slightly pressed down on the mark, and it expanded as I suspected. I called Blaser, but they were closed for the weekend. First thing on Monday morning on my way back to PA I called to tell Blaser what happened. I spoke with Kevin who was extremely friendly, and even sent me out a replacement comb so I could shoot the brand new gun. Before sending the comb off I shot the gun one night in about 40 degree temperature, which I am glad I did. The next day I noticed the clear coat was starting to lift/separate on two different parts of the gun. It was separating on both sides where the receiver meets the stock. My feeling, and others who have inspected the gun, feel it was not cleaned properly before coating, or the finisher may have had some oil/grease on their hands when handling the gun. Again, I stress that there was not a single ding, dent or scratch on the gun. These were areas where the clear coat was separating and a very obvious factory defect. I notified Blaser right away, and told them that it seemed to be getting worse by the day.

After contacting Blaser I was put in touch with “Lee” who didn’t want to hear what I had to say, and obviously does not know how to work with customers. I asked him what was going to be done to fix the gun. He said “We are going to refinish it”. I asked him what that meant and he said again, “We are going to refinish it”. So I asked him to elaborate and he said, “We are going to refinish the gun for you”. I then realized I was getting no more information, and after asking three times, I figured they were going to refinish the gun. So I mail them my stock and for-end, which means I am out of a gun again. About a week goes by, and the gun is waiting for me when I get home. I think to myself that it seems a bit quick when refinishing a gun, and mail time. Well it’s not quick when they touch up a brand new $9000 gun with a brush, and then do a miserable job wet sanding it. You can see where they touch up the comb, but that is the minor issue. It looks like somebody took a piece of 600 grit wet sanding paper to the stock/receiver area, but forgot to use water. Now both sides of the gun have fine scratch marks, and that whole part of the gun has a milky finish to it. Even after all that there is still a small section where the clear coat is lifting. At this point I am absolutely boiling. I call and ask to speak to a rep. I am told he is out of the office until Thursday, which I called on either a Monday or Tuesday. I told Lee we were in the 20th century and to either email or call the guy’s cell phone. He refused and I waited until Thursday to hear from Rich Kaysa at Blaser USA. When speaking to Rich I told him I was completely unhappy with the repair and told him Lee lied to me about refinishing the gun. He immediately defended Lee and said he didn’t want to hear about the quality of work his employees did. Rich also said it was he who did the repair, when Lee told me he actually did the repair. Maybe he was covering for his employee but I find it hard to believe both of them repaired the gun.

Now we are back to square one and I have to send the gun back to Blaser again. Now, nearly two months have gone by and I have only shot the gun one time. This time after a ton of arguing back and forth, Rich agrees to put a new stock on the gun. Low and behold I ship the gun back UPS and it gets damaged in shipping. Rich claims I packed the gun improperly and since there was no damage to the case, he would not file a claim with UPS. I ask him to send me pictures of the box it was shipped in, but he never does. (After receiving the gun back there is a long scratch on the case, which I will post photos of). He also states that Blaser will be doing nothing about the original claim and I am 100% responsible for everything. Somehow he thinks he get clean out of taking care of the original problem. This is where the real sickening part comes in. Our agreement was that I would get a new piece of wood, and he was going to have my gun refinished, to be put on a new gun. I asked what the difference was if the gun was getting refinished, why it mattered if there was a couple of nicks in it during shipping. He stated that he thought it was good enough to put on a new gun, and here is an email to prove it.

On Mar 30, 2012, at 7:11 PM, Rich Kaysa <rk@blaser-usa.com> wrote:
    I am sorry for this. The stock and the forearm where packet in the same area for just the stock. UPS will not give any one anything due to the fact your gun case is not damaged. Your choice is simple you pay the 350 or receive the gun back with the original stock. And FYI I was going to put your stock on another gun and send it out. Our whole office looked at the fix and all said it looked great. Again thank you for your under standing in this matter.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

So there it is. He was going to take a damaged stock, and put it on a new gun hoping to dupe another customer. It makes me wonder if I got somebody else’s returned gun. I have had several people, whom I’ve only met once, and others who I know well, look at the gun and all agreed it was damaged. They all said they would be pissed if they ordered a new gun, and it looked like the stock I had. I will try to take some photos later, and post them, but all I have is a crappy camera phone. I even offered several different ways to come to an agreement, and split refinishing costs, but Rich Kaysa acted like his employee Lee, and used the screw you mentality. Now I am stuck with a gun that is damaged, and can only relay my experience with Blaser. I was happy that everybody who looked at the gun agreed that Blaser’s “refinish” was an absolute joke and unacceptable on a new gun. Several people have said the damage on the gun would have never happened during shipping, if they didn’t lie, and refinished the gun the first time.
    Last week I had three people come up to me because they wanted to see and feel a Blaser. I told them my experience and they all agreed that Blaser is way out of line. My opinion is Rich Kaysa chose this route and is going to have to accept that he has unhappy customers. Now I don’t want this to be a total one sided bashing because there are a couple of things Blaser did ok. Kevin was very nice to deal with in my initial dealing. Blaser does ship the gun 3 day select which helps with turnaround time, and they did pay for the shipping (which they damn well better on a brand new gun). They also shipped the gun 2 day, from when they screwed me the second time, so I had it in time for my shoot. Other than that I can sum up my Blaser experience by saying I love the gun, but Blaser USA was aterrible customer service experience (in my experience), and they won’t compete with the K/P guns with that service. My recommendation is to save more $ and buy a K or P gun, or save some money and guy a Beretta/Browning and a bunch of ammo. I understand that many people will be happy with their Blaser experience, and I am truly happy for them. My experience just wasn’t good at all.
    (pictures to follow this weekend)

Gene - Not everybody has a perfect record. Every company has a problem here and there. Maybe this was one of those times. Hard for you to say since it wasnt your experience. At least I have written proof of them doing something shady and that can't be disputed.
  10. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

They are outstanding guns- quality,very low recoil,adjustability,very dynamic on swing and the BEST triggers I have ever shot in over 25 years.

The USA people are a class act and know they have to do an excellent job of customer service to establish their reputation and they are.

The only negative is I wish their manual was more detailed like the MX10 manual- the Blaser folks are very good about questions and they have taken all the time necessary to make me comfortable about my questions( setting the gun up for doubles)

I own a Super Trap and have been a K80 shooter for over 15 years.
  11. Skeeterzx

Skeeterzx Member

I have had iffy experiences with Blaser. I have had to follow up with them a couple times when they were supposed to be sending me parts. Also, I have had a few e-mails go unanswered until after sending them maybe the third or fourth time. Every single gun company has customers who can relay horror stories. As stated, nobody has perfect service. I've shot everything and the worst customer service I have had to date is Zoli USA.
  12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Blaser had some QC issues in 2009 through 2010, but they made it right. I had finish issues around the adjustable comb screws. I emailed pictures to Rich and he sent a letter to me stating that when I was ready, Blaser would either replace the wood or refinish the gun.

They had barrel issues too. The barrels were being sent to the US with out being regulated. The barrels were not "shooting in the same place". This was after their gun won the US open, and demand skyrocketed. I know 3 people that discovered their barrels weren't regulated on the pattern board. In each case, Blaser had new guns, or new barrels sent to them in a week to 10 days. No questions asked. All the barrels/guns came back perfect.

Sounds like you may have P.O'd some people at Blaser, but that's no excuse unless your story isn't 100 correct. Call Rich and tell him you want to talk this through. He will, unless you've really "burned the bridge".

I've been very happy with my Blaser's....very happy.
  13. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

Rich Kassen will tell you anything to get you off his back. That said I like my gun and Dan at Guns Unlimited has bent over backwards working with me to finally get my 410 barrels. Mark Mauch
  14. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

I have two blazers, one trap and one sporting. Sent the Trap in for a trigger problem. Back in less than a week, no charges.
    I needed a couple of new posts for the comb, and they were sent immediately, no charge.
    I like the Blaser because you can set the dynamics, fit, weight, etc to suit your style.
    Great shotguns and service.
    Dave Swerdlin
  15. quartering

quartering Active Member

is there any other 12 gauge gun with a receiver as diminutive as an F3's?
  16. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

I can see Blasers point and know exactly how that happened. You returned a damaged firearm to them- plain and simple and dont want to pay for the damage you caused.

The shipper files a UPS claim- so file it if you think you have a claim.

I packed a gun recently and the barrel banged the gorgeous stock-

When the guy told me I felt sick but he assurred me it arrived that way and neither he nor the FFL had dropped it or anything

It was my fault

So I paid shipping both ways and refunded the money and still have to pay to have the gun touched up

If that metal on the forearm was banging against the buttstock the entire way- then they do have a claim against you.

Now the other stuff- who said what to whom- yea it could have happened - and not sure what the expectations are but I am pretty sure they would have made it right- but they do expect to get an undamaged gun back-

I knew the original guys that owned angleport- they one time sent 7 different 390s to the same guy- and he kept returning them- claimed he had looked at them under a magnifying glass and the checkering was off or there was a little mark here or there-

By gun number 7 (angleport paying shipping both ways on all of them) the owner said no to shipping number 8

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  17. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I went from a K-80 to a Blaser, and then back to a K-80. It was not because of the quality of the Blaser, or service from Blaser. They bent over backwards to make me happy. I live close enough to their import shop in San Antonio that I can visit them anytime. I tried every configuration of gun them make, and several different types of wood. In the end, I felt like the K gun fit me better. I think they are good people, but we all make mistakes.

William
  18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Gueinner16: Call and ask to speak to Norbert, explain to him what has happened
    You just have not talked to the correct man

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  19. goose2

goose2 Active Member

I owned a super trap and traded it for a K80 and boy am I glad I did. I really like my k80 and the Blaser is no where near in the same ball park as a K80.
  20. Vulcan

Vulcan TS Member

Thank you guys for the response. Interesting. Don Rimmer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.