1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FNG, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Blaser has sporting and trap models, and the reviews I remember seeing in Shooting Sports magazine seemed positive. I haven't seen much on this site about them. Does anyone have information/experience with these guns ? Looking for information on reliability, quality, value for the dollar, customer support, comparison to a Krieghoff/Kolar/Perazzi, etc. I'm not ready to buy right now; just looking down the road and would like to know if I should consider one of these. Thanks.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Have you EVER read a review in Shooting Sports that wasn't positive? They seem like nice guns and the guys that I know that own them haven't had any problems. The only down side that I can tell you is resale.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Tron hit it right on. They are for sale all over the internet and not moving. Something is not right with them

4. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i think the problem is price, its very well made great pointer , shot 1 couple times,came close to being my next gun with tube set,dont like the stock, some people feel they have to buy k or p guns. after they buy one want something else. shoot what points good to you and crush targets, i like em, quality is not issue, theres a forum on shotgunworld or something like that just for them.thers some clean used ones out there 4sale, i say yes to buying one

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

My 2 cents: Beautiful gun, absolutely great looking in the trap version. Exudes quality. But the catch is a very heavy rib and barrel in the single barrel trap version. Rib appears to be made of steel. If problem were fixed, I'd be in the market. Wonderful trigger.

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Was thinking along the same lines: looks to be a well made German gun.I read the prior posts about Blaser and i noticed some issue with felt recoil.I am concerned that the reason for the number being resold is that they have a sharp recoil. Any insight would be apprecaited.

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

problem is price. It has jumped probably close to 50% in a couple years.

8. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I shoot Skeet with a guy who has one. I've shot it and it is an excellent gun. The price is hefty though.

9. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

I have never fired a Blaser but I did tour their factory in Isny, Germany. The factory is spotless and their equipment is first rate. The guns are very high quality. Incidentally, Blaser is Mauser. The Mauser rifles that we are all familiar with are made in the same factory.

Snookassassin, Clif Adams