1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser wood. Protection

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yendor12, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yendor12

yendor12 Member

I have had my new Blaser F3 trap for 2 months now. I take very good care of my guns. Is the woods finish soft? I mean of all the guns that I have owned, any slight touch to the wood makes a small mark. The leather bag on my hip is soft and just the slightest grase leaves a mark. Other guns CG or P guns don't seem this soft or the finish is stronger. Is the blaser woods finish soft? and can I repair these small marks/ How?
    Rod

2. open choke

open choke TS Member

makes me wonder about getting a F3 if this is going to happen

3. Sprkee

Sprkee Member

I also have a Blaser F3 Sporter and the finish is an oil finish and you have to be careful with it ,so I put a wax on it to seal the wood ,but is not a hard finish. Here`s a picture of mine. Brian

[​IMG]

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Resale value is what's soft.

-Gary

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

Now I really prolly will just get a nice Beretta I really wanna stay below 4000 and I'm not even looking for a combo set just a 32" O/U

But the blaser is a nice gun; my friend loves his and I've shot it too really soft trigger

6. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Its anoil finish,touch it up w/Tru Oil.

7. biercart

biercart Member

If it is a oil finish stock you can iron out the small dents, just get a iron and a moistened wash cloth, not dripping wet but moist , turn the iron on to the high setting put the wash cloth on the dent and put slight pressure on the dent spot and move the iron around a little so it is not just in one place, the steam that is created will go down in the stock and help raise the dent back up, this only works on small dents as bigger dents or gouges will not come all the way back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser wood maintenace