1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$$$$$$BLASER WINNER DRAWN$$$$$$$$

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The winning ticket for the Blaser F3 Combo Trap gun was drawn today as promised on the ticket. The winner was Bob Hawkes from Ipswitch, Mass. Bob bought his ticket from me right off this website. Bob was very excited and of course, pleased to hear from me.

The raffle was, thanks to all of you buyers, a huge success for the Minnesota youth program. We netted just under $10,000 after covering the cost of the gun to Blaser, the printing of the tickets and the license required by the State of Minnesota. This money will cover the entire 2011 Minnesota State High School Championship shoot. We pay the cost of targets and trophies as well as a lunch for the kids. This will be our third annual State Championship event. The first year we had eight schools and one hundred forty-one kids. This year we had thirteen schools and two hundred forty-three kids. We expect at least twenty-three schools and likely four hundred plus kids in 2011. We require the school to say, in writing, that the team represents the school. By doing this, we believe we will eventually get the event to be sanctioned by the state High School League. It is a wonderful event to witness. The kids come with coaches, parents, and siblings. I mean the place is jammed.

The benefits of this program are numerous. Kids, parents, and the schools learn the safe handling of weapons. The schools learn that some guns and gun events are good. The kids will likely be lifetime supporters of gun rights. Each team practices weekly prior to the tournament, giving much added business to their local clubs. We all have fun and many future ATA members will come from this group. We already have one future top shooter in our ranks who started with this program. Kay Cee Nelson from Whitebear Lake, Minnesota took second place in the Ladies Catagory at this years Grand American. Kay Cee has recorded her first hundred in singles, a high of 97 in doubles (today) and is shooting from the 25 yard line and is working to make the 27 next year. Oh, did I mention she whipped everyone, including the boys, for top gun at this years state championship. She started shooting after hearing about our 2009 state championship and wanted to participate. Kay Cee, like all kids that shoot trap, is as nice a kid as you will find.

I want to thank everyone who bought tickets from me, all 380 of them. Of the 380, over 200 of those were purchased right off this site. The remaining 220 were sold primarily here in Minnesota by other MTA members and board members, thanks to the sellers and buyers of these as well. I also want to give a huge thanks to Blaser and their President and Vice-President, Norbert Haussmann and Rich Kaysa. I also want to thank Jim Sable, founder of the Minnesota State High School virtual league, without whom the growth of our program would not have been possible. I also want to thank each and every coach who really do the work, meeting with their kids each week, weeks before our shoot. A special thanks also goes to the Minneapolis Gun Club, their President Jim Walkowiak, the club manager, Wade Haugen, and to the clubs members who turn out to make the tournament a great success.

This year I was inducted into our state Hall of Fame. It was a special moment for me but I must say it is second to the pleasure I get from watching the kids shoot at our tournament. Someday I hope to be there when the first state high school league tourney is held and we surpass Nebraska's great high school state shoot turnout. With your continued help, that day is not far away.

Thanks again,

Mark Zauhar

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Outstanding. Could not happen to a nicer guy. Congrats Bob!

And thanks Mark

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Kudos to all involved. It is great to see folks still watching out for our young'uns.

4. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Congrats Bob.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

All though I am terribly disappointed after Mark assured me that I had the winning ticket. A excellebt cause.

CONGRATS TO BOB.

Don

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Congrats Bob. Glad to see a good guy won it. Bob is always willing to help others

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

WOW!! Look at those two beautiful young ladies bearing gifts from God. I can't tell you what an incredible shock and surprise to have Mark call me last night.
    I thought we were doing some good things for the colleges and youth shooting at Minute Man until I listened to Mark explain what he's been able to accomplish at the high school level. It's sure great that those types of programs can come to fruition in some parts of the Country. I don't think the average shooter or lurker :) on this forum realizes how many of our shooters are trying through various programs to help foster the shooting sports. I've mentioned before how the NSSF has been a real leader in these efforts with some very generous grants to schools and youth groups.

Again Mark, thank you so much for all your efforts.
    Shoot well in good health, Bob

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Boy, if it wouldn't have been for such a good cause, I'd be extremely upset about the outcome.... Especially because of the winner!

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Congrats Bob, Great to see a great guy win. I'm sure it will be on it's wat to The Minute Man Club very soon. Bill

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you got the gun, Bob. Just don't tell Martin that I said that. :)

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Mozzletoff Robert, I am glad to see that you won. Bulge.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bob, I heard they drew an additional ticket just incase the winner didn't qualify/accept the gun. It had Devi's name on it. Hope she never learns of this!

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bob, It couldn't of went to a better guy. Congrats! Rosey

14. RAScott

RAScott Member

Great Bob, can't wait to see you and your new gun at the club. Congrats!! See you at Minuteman

Bob S

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Oooh, I see my husband has a dark side...

16. dshot

dshot Member

Thanks for the up date Mark, if you have this fund raiser again please post it and I will try again.

17. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I sure hope it runs again too--the MTA Youth Fund provides so many great opportunities for kids in Minnesota and is certainly bolstered by this fundraiser! Plus now I need a new gun......

Again, remarkable job Mark, and thanks to everyone across the US for their support of Minnesota youth shooters.

18. Bob Hawkes

Thank you very much everyone for the kind words and thoughts. I couldn't shoot my way into a new gun like some people here have, so it's just like playing the Lewis, sometimes better to be lucky than good.

BTW, What the heck did I ever do to the Pheasantchaser??? WOW!! You'd think that after he'd found that vivacious young lady a few years ago that he wouldn't want for anything else in this world. Especially a plain cold hunk of metal and wood. :)

Thank you again Mark and Shoot often in good health while we can, Bob

19. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Bob, Congratulations!!!

If you are planning on shooting it, would you let us know how it is as far as fit, feel and your target breaking abilities with it. I would love to know how they shoot.

John E.

20. Bob Hawkes

John, You don't want to judge the quality of a gun by my shooting ability. I'm still in the process of finding the target with two eyes in between arm flinches. :) Shoot well, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.