1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser.. What?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sky Buster, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rumor has it that Blaser is going out of business in the US. Anyone
    with info to confirm?

2. Drusso

Drusso Member

They had a pretty prominent presence at the Cardinal Classic this weekend. I seriously doubt this this company is even close to teetering.......

3. crossman

crossman Member

Good place to start a rumor.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Blaser is a worldwide company. They along with Sauer produce some of the most popular hunting rifles in the world, thanks to their speed due to their straight-pull bolt design. I SERIOUSLY doubt the company is even close to going out of business.

5. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

They need to make a top single barrel...

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Heard it at the Cardinal....

7. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

This is just the rumor I heard at the cardinal center this last week end. According to Pat Owens of Great Lakes Sporting Arm "Blaser is just about done producing shotguns, quality is just too poor and they are losing money hand over fist."

According to the Rep from Zoli, whose italian name would be impossible for me to spell, "Zoli is looking to purchase a manufaturing facility in the US, most likely San Antonio, texas(where Blasers are built) and moving there maryland based service department,and new york based import department to there new facility.

This is probably just speculation at this point but Pat Owen is a pretty straight shooter and the Zoli Rep should know what is going on with his company.

Another interesting point...did anyone else notice how similar the blaser stocks and the new stocks on the Zolis are? Almost like the blaser stock was taken right off and put right on a Zoli....BYG

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

heard it at the Grand.....

tony

9. skeet_man

BYG- I have a message into John Fournier of Great Lakes Sporting Arms requesting clarification (he was at the GLSA bldg @ Cardinal, and as far as I know, was there by himself as he was @ the Grand where I spoke with him in person). As far as I knew, there were only 3 people working at/for Great Lakes, Kurt (the owner), John, and Dan. The only Pat Owens that shows up in the ATA rolls is a OH resident, and that would make for quite a commute to Detroit :)

BTW, Blasers aren't "built" in San Antonio, that is where their primary sales and service center is. They are BUILT in Isny Germany.

No blaser stock I've ever seen, felt, or mounted has looked or felt like any Zoli stock I've seen, felt, or mounted. And they certainly wouldn't interchange do to large inletting differences.

I have a feeling that now that the top dogs @ Blaser have moved onto other venues (one of them being to Zoli) rumors are being spread to further the interest of their new ventures, and denigrate the interests of their old ones.

10. Beretta Young Gun

Skeet man-my mistake. I just looked at Pat Owens business card again. It says Zoli Pro-staff. I just remembered he had on a shirt that said Zoli on one side and Great lakes sporting arms on the other. Were as the italian gentleman was wearing a shirt that said Zoli ilone one side and pro-staff on the other. The Zoli pro-staffers were set up in the great lakes vendor building.

I know very little about blasers but I was told they were "built" in Texas.

It is just my opinion that the newest Zoli combo gun stocks look and feel ALOT alike the blaser stocks.

BYG

11. skeet_man

So the Zoli guys (newest kid on the block) are talking trash about Blaser (the SLIGHTLY older kid on the block). Big surprise.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

An example of a cheapskate trying to get a deal on a blaser by starting a rumor

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

No tears will be shed.

14. skeet_man

Just heard back from John @ Great Lakes. Pat Owens DOES NOT work for Great Lakes. Guessing he either bought or was given a Great Lakes shirt...

15. wbill

wbill Member

Having had just about ever trap gun out there and being a machinist buy trade for over forty years, I can assure you that Blaser is one of the best built guns on the market. And there service is also one of the best. How many guns out there now that you can enter change one barrel from one gun to another without having to have it fitted? Bill

16. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Shootingcoach?

17. Beretta Young Gun

Zardozforty-they do APPEAR to be quality, I even had my mind set on purchasing one. However, I have personally seen 4 seperate guns fall apart. And heard of another having major choke problems.

1 absolutly could not keep a factory release trigger working. 3 trips back to the factory and still could not keep the gun going...finally sold it.

2 had the ribs fall completely fall off the gun. One was an O/U the other was an unsingle.

1 the pull trigger wiuld go off upon closing the gun...even very gently.

The final gun was a story that came directly from Mr Dennis Devault himself. Feel free to message him to confirm this story. During a shooting clinic he had a client all the way from Nova Scotia trying out a gun he just pucked up. He shooter was struggling severely with the gun. After trying all other options they tried changing the chokes. After inspecting the removed choke they noticed the leading end of the choke(the end that matches up to the inside of the barrel) was blown completely off. 2 new chokes and the same thing happened to them. The threads of the barrel were angle bored...POOR CRAFTMANSHIP.

If this isn't poor quality, I don't know what is. Ill never own one. BYG

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Relax, if you want to overpay for a phoney "high end" shotgun you've still got CG.

-Gary

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Talk to a good barrel smith. You will hear some scary stories on B, K and P guns too.

Why do you think the big dogs send their guns out as soon as they get them?

They want perfection.

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I notice Beretta young gun is trying to sell a Zoli unsingle for an exhobatant price (4000) on another thread after saying how bad the blasers are here and how the Zoli are so good

Just pointing that out

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Search tags for this page

blaser f3 holding up longevity

blaser f3 longevity will they last