1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser weight system question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Can weights go in to the stock as well has the unsingle tube? The reason i ask is i can get weights into unsingle barrel tube but stock nut is two large to screw weights onto.

2. smsnyder

According to Blaser web site balancer system should work in stock as well as unsingle tube. Stock shaft screw is to large in diameter to screw threaded weights onto. Anyone else have that problem? Seens the diameter of the threaded bolt holding the weights in the unsingle barrel are smaller in diameter than the stock bolt.

3. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I have an F3. the counterbalance is attached to the stock bolt. It's actually a threaded rod with a concave nut on the end. It is adjusted by removing the recoil pad and completely unthreading the rod, loosening the weight locking allen screws, and moving one or both (there are two weights) in either direction until the desired balance is obtained. In my case, just forward of the hinge pins with the choke tube of choice installed.

4. smsnyder

My Blaser came with no weights in the stock only one in the in single barrel When I took stock bolt out it was just a threaded shaft. The stock bolt is to large in diameter to screw on round weight.

5. smsnyder

The Blaser manual says barrel balancer is not comparable with stock balancer. Wonder why there was no balancers in the stock?

6. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

I have an older F# over and under. Maybe on the newer (supertrap ??) its an optional. The end of my stockbolt has an allen adapter on the rear. there two round weights about 1 - 2 inches long that fit over the allen adapter and thread on the bolt shaft. Really its a neat idea. both weights are independantly adjustable and are locked in place with small allen screws.

Since they cant be adjusted on the fly there is a bit of trial and error in getting it set to your personal preference.

Dan Gill

7. smsnyder

I agree I like weight system. Guess I'll have to call Blaser and find out why weights were not in stock as advertised on there web site.Love blaser products. There rifles are outstanding.

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call Blaser. You should have received balancing weights with the gun.

Early shipments of guns were short weights as factory was a bit behind in making them.

BobSchultz

9. smsnyder

Thank,s bob. I will call monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser f3 wight system