1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser supertraps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blaser F3, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

How does everyone like the blaser supertraps I just got mine and I have only shot it once I broke 95 but I started a winter shoot and I have to shoot from the 25 yard line. What choke should I use and what should I exspect? And for singles should I shoot the unsingle or the O/U? Thanks, Austin Jacob.

2. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

3. DC Claygunner

DC Claygunner Member

Just got mine a few weeks ago. Love the gun. I shot the O/U better at 16 at first, but now getting use to the un-single. Its been windy the last few days here in Nashville, Tn with the wind pushing the targets down, but I'm getting the gun worked out and getting use to a higher POI(shooting over a few). I shot Mod choke today at 16 and 20 yards and killed the targets. I did find that on the un-single that it shot a little better for me with the weight forward in the stock and foward in the barrel for trap. I was shooting a BT-99 before, which felt like it was a heavy gun on the front end. Shooting 22-23 every round with some old 7/8 loads @ 1125fps. They are a little slow @ 20 yards. I just can't wait to get more rounds with this gun. Gets better every time I shoot it. Crush them all, Barry

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

The Blaser Super Trap combo works for me.
    I shoot it better than any K or P gun I have had.
    Dave

5. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

Thanks I just got back and I shot the O/U and the unsingle for 16 and shot a 99 w/ the unsingle and a 96 with the O/U. Still not sure on handicap though. Still asking for other peoples opinion. Thanks.

6. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

7. gridlock

gridlock Member

Austin,
    Glad to hear that you got a new gun.As you mighht know,you have three of the top shooters in the country within 20miles of you and they shoot Blaser's. Aden Kaufmann,Joey Charnigo and Pat McCarthy.I'm sure if you contacted any one of them they would be happy to help you.

Hope to see you in Florida. R Batke

8. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

Thanks I hope to make it down for the Dixie.

9. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

10. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

More Blasers are showing up every day at gun clubs in Ohio Since I have gotten
    mine more are showing up, Blaser shooters are letting other folks try them and K-80s and Perazzi and Beretta numbers are dwindling away and Blaser #s are growing, This is especially true at Airport Gun Club, saw 2 more today and a potential buyer for another Blaser Super Trap.

He is wanting to know who has the best prices on them, I told him to try Bob Shultz and Guns Unlimited and possibly Jaqua's as that is where I got a fantastic deal on mine.

Looks like 2012 is going to be a good year for Blaser sales.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

I think that's the only thing the can do next because they already have all the upgrades posible for the unsingle.

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

If their paying attention they wouldn't go the Top-single route. K-guns aren't selling that many of them. I had a Top-single and not very nice to shoot. More recoil and it changed the balance in a bad way. Also Top-singles are hard to re-sell. If it works don't fix it. Blaser should stay with the two barrels they have and run with it. Dave T.

14. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

15. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

+++Dave, some of us that own and shoot Alfermanns,Seitz and Ljutics might not agree with you about the negatives of a top single....SMOKIT

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They need to get the top single out ASAP. It would help in the sale of their combos. There are probably as many or more topsingles shot today than unsingles.

Blaser told me that designing a top single was much harder than an unsingle, especially in a combo configuration. It had something to do with stress and point of impact.

17. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Smokit: I agree. To boring if everyone always agreed. Just didn't work for me. I would like to test drive a Blaser Supertrap Unsingle in Left Hand. Dave T.

18. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The top single is in the works. the Blaser folks are really fussy when it comes to a new product. Rich and Norbert do not want to just make an unsingle, they want to make the best one they can. I would expect to see the first ones showing up later this year, maybe at the Grand.

I didn't think I'd like the unsingle either. This is the first one I have ever really tried and I love it!

See you at the Dixie Grand! We'll have plenty of Blaser's on hand as well as some demos.

Happy New Year!

Bob Schultz 800-684-6329

19. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

Thanks for the info

20. Blaser F3

Blaser F3 TS Member

I don't know I don't think people are really interested in a 32" single barrel anymore.