1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser Super Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Ok, you guys that have had the new Blasers and shot them for a while, how about some pros and cons. Don't be shy to say bad things about the gun either.

2. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

After shooting mine for a while, I was very impressed with quality, handling, customer service. I sent mine off for release triggers and a Prosoft stock. Would not have spent the money unless I was convinced the Blaser is a great gun. It is.

3. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

TP Express,

Does the gun have a lot of recoil? I noticed you're getting a pro-soft stock put on it.

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

My scores went from mid 70 to 90's. The weight system is what i needed to smooth out my swings. McCarthy did the release triggers and they are outstanding. The comb hardware on the stock needs improved. Hard to lock down and set. Blaser said they would fix it free of charge. Very little in recoil. I took gun from 8 1/4 pounds to 10 1/4 pounds with weight system.

5. TP Express

TP Express TS Member

kgun shooter, the Blaser is very soft shooting, as soft as anything I have shot, and is quite lively in hand. I had neck surgery a few years ago (plate & screws between C5-C6). That, coupled with artritis, makes me very sensitive to recoil. I have had a PFS or SoftTouch on every gun I have owned for the past 10 years.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I heard that last year's models and prior year's Blaser shotguns had issues with their triggers.

I have heard no bad information on the 2010 F3 super traps. They have unique mechanism for setting the ejectors with two additional "firing" pins set horizontally to line up with the center of the face of each ejector, on each side of the back of the receiver for setting the ejectors. There are no cocking rods to get gummed up with powder residue. They also have a very simple firing mechanism with what appears to be in line hammers. They seem to have an extremely fast lock time and the trigger pull feels great with no creep.
    Its simple like a KX-5 without the recoil. I don't know if this is true, but I heard that the new F3 has approximately 27 patents. Sounds to me like a lot of thought and new design went into these guns.

A friend of mine just got his about 3 weeks ago from Bob Schultz. He had Wening wood put on it through Bob's shop. Wenigs are great stocks for reducing recoil, however, I do not believe he had much weight on it and I really didn't feel any noticeable recoil, and it swung well and smooth. The POI on my friend's F3 was set a little low for my style of shooting but I ran 25 with it on 16 without any real effort. If and when I have the extra coin, I will probably buy one of the combos. At $10,000, I think they are little pricey, considering they are somewhat on the plain jane side when it comes to appearance. However, at $8,500.00 I don't think you could find a better combo for the money.

John E.

7. ink ball

ink ball Member

I purchased a Super Trap combo this Spring. The unsingle barrel shot wonderfully. I ran a straight from the 16 yd line with the gun right out of the box, and with a little adjusting to the rib, I was breaking good scores from the 27 yd line, too. The O/U set...not so much. I couldn't hit a second bird to save my butt. I patterned the gun, and discovered that both barrels shot low, but the top barrel only shot about 60/40 with the rib all the way down. I sent the gun back to Blaser in San Antonio. They patterned the gun, agreed that the O/U barrel set was not right, and replaced it. Once I got the gun back, the O/U barrels certainly worked better, but still not quite right. I was starting to get a bit disenchanted with the Blaser. The last straw was when I borrowed a friend's Perazzi O/U which I knew shot to the same POI with both barrels, and I proceeded to smoke pairs of targets. The Blaser now has a new home, and I am very happy to be shooting a Browning again. The Blaser has wonderful features and a great design, but on this particular gun, at least, it lost something in the execution.

8. bigben

bigben Active Member

I purchased a Blaser Baronesse grade combo set from Pat Mcarthy at Dawson enterprises and with his Stock Lock, a back operation years back and arth makes a Stock Lock mandatory, I have Pat's Stock Lock on all my Tournament guns. The Blaser has been great, the triggers are only bested a little by my Seitz.but I say this in honesty, it will not suffer fools, that is if you have good solid shooting fundamentals it will treat you well, VERY well, I have not put a thousand rounds through it yet and it has given me a couple of 99s from the 27 in less than the best of conditions, the over and under set-up for me was good as the rib is all the way down in the front and the comb is adjusted for a lot of space between the beads, should you choose to shoot it with a tight figure 8, you will most likely short shoot the second target ,,the triggers on my P guns are not remotely as fast and crisp as the Blaser, so there will be a learning curve, my K-gun RT is close also, no so with my regular trigger regular K-gun. Should you be used to a much slower lock-time, there will be a learning curve as you will short shoot for a while before your brain makes the adjustments. As the Blaser becomes more well known, you will see it in the hands of many more shooters, in the offing are planned regular price increases, remember the old p-gun and k-gun prices? If interested you will do well to purchase now. all the best incinerate em!

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Perazzi2 - Combo comes w/ 8, yes 8 Briley choke tubes. 2 ea Full, IM & Mod. 1 ea IC & Lt Mod.

Bought my combo w/ intentions of using OU for dubs & my Cole for single bird events. I now use the Blaser for all events. I have had better results w/ the unsingle than the OU but I have always struggled w/ doubles. Bigben is correct on the fast lock time and they break clean & crisp.

I still love my Cole but for now my "Balser" is what I will take to the line. JME - John in Iowa

10. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Well guys I appreciate all the info, keep the comments coming.

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

perazzi2,

The Blaser my friend bought appears to have Briley spectrum choke tubes.

John

12. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

The Briley Spectrum Chokes are quite good. The ID has been twice polished vs their standard chokes. I use them on my Blaser as well as my Guerini.

WNCRob

13. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

I was on a mission to find the best shotgun available. In July of 2007 on a trip to California, I visited John Herkowitz @ Pacific Sporting Arms. He showed me Krieghoff, Beretta, Perazzi, and Blaser. After soul searching, I ordered one of the first generations Blaser F3 from him with an adjustable comb stock. Several months after I received the gun, I took a lesson from Will Fennell and found out the stock was just not going to work. During this time, the stock cracked, the internals were replaced and a new stock was installed. All to no avail. The gun was not meant for me. After finding a buyer, I was able to sell it and only take a small loss. The search was on again and after borrowing a DT10 and a Perazzi MX8 from friends, I ordered a MX8 from Dan @ Giacomo. Needless to say, I have been very pleased with my purchase and their customer service is as good as it gets.

Harvey Schwartz

14. Robb

Robb Member

Joe, Any issues with the comb hardware?

15. Robb

Robb Member

Good to know. Thanks.

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Damn it! all this talk about one makes me wanna test drive one!!!

17. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I did test drive one and run a trap with it the first and only time out. It seemed to be a very nice gun but I am not quite sure it is in the class as my Kolar Max T/A. There has been some bugs that need to be ironed out of them and they will be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.