1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser super trap or K-80 trap special combos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zackwater, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackwater

zackwater Member

I am trying to decide between purchasing a new Blaser super trap combo or a Krieghoff K-80 trap special combo. I am going to spend about the same amount (just buying a higher grade Blaser versus a lower grade K-80). Please give your opinion with the advantages or disadvantages of each.

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Zackwater, great question! I own both, each has great merits, German technology, both good for millions of rounds, My Blaser is a Baronesse with a Pat Mcarthy Stock Lock as is my K-80, shooters of BOTH manufacturers have had outstanding success, in fact, in the first year of introduction, 2 out of the top 10 shooters for the 100,000.00 challange were shooting Blasers! now you may have a lot of biased opinions here from shooters who have not either owned both or have not shot both extensively., separate the wheat from the chaff, shoot both, adjust both to your own shooting style, and shoot some more, then and only then can you make a wise choice! As of note should you shoot a high impacting gun, a std. trap special is good for only 95 to 100%, a pro rib up to 120% but for MANY of the accomplished shooters the k-80's have to be bent, all of my barrels have been bent by Tom Wilkinson, the Blaser will take you there with ease. should you shoot a Blaser release trigger, Pat Mcarthy's is the way to go! in the end it is YOUR money, in these times spend it well! all the best! incinerate em!

3. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I own a Blaser. I like the gun, but if I could have afforded it, I would have bought a K-80 without hesitation. After looking at some Blasers for sale on here, you can also plan on taking a bath when ready to sell. By no means am I saying Blaser is a bad gun, just the opposite, I would just pick a k-80 over it if I had the financial means. I also spent a little more to get the luxus upgrade.

4. Trent

Trent TS Member

I own the Blaser and really love it. I shot the K80 also but bought the Blaser, mostly because it felt better and seemed to have less recoile. Both are quality guns and have a loyal following, so shoot them both and go with the one that feels the best to you...

5. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Just bought a new Luxus combo. The gun has a few "workmanship" concerns. Going to meet with the Blaser folks at the Grand so I will reserve judgement until I see how their customer service resolves these issues. TG

6. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Bought a trap special k80 a few years back and had to get it restocked by wenig. Ended up getting rid of it but looked at blaser a few weeks back and the stock had a very good feel and look. jim w

7. zackwater

zackwater Member

I am leaning toward the Blaser. Really liked the way their customer service handled an issue with my son's gun. Thanks for the advise. Not really concerned with resale, I never get rid of any guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser f3 supersport tough resale

blaser f3 supersport vs k80 trap special

blaser f3 trap vs k80