1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser Shotguns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

One of my nearby dealers has started stocking Blaser shotguns and they have some interesting features. For example, the weights that can be put in the stock to change the balance of the guns is an interesting idea. Is anyone on TS.com shooting one of these guns? What do you like about the gun, and is there anything mechanically about the gun, or the way it handles, that you think could be better? Finally, how is the recoil of these guns? Thanks.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I stopped shooting a Kolar Max T/A for the Blaser F3. I liked the Kolar so the Blaser had big shoes to feel. It has passed with flying colors. While some guns are as good, there are none better. The blaser is wright up there with the big dogs. There barrels and triggers are the best in the business. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine. It is some what lighter than my Kolar and does not have any recoil what so ever. Very nice swinging gun.

3. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

I like mine. Trigger time is so fast it took some getting used to. I've shot my highest scores ever with it at skeet and sporting. Originally bought it as a 32in 20 gauge. A year later I bought the 32in 12 gauge barrels for it. No fitting, they just go right on. Can't go wrong. JW

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM.

5. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Bought their new Supertrap F3 combo and am very pleased. Great triggers, very responsive moving to the target, and soft shooting.Adjustable rib on all barrels, as well as different barrel hangers for the O/u barrels.Everything about it, from the technology and weight system to the factory supplied Briley Spectrum choke tubes, says quality.I have had a number of high end combos, including Kolar, K80 and Perazzi. For me, my Blaser is as good as any of them.

6. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I've been looking at them for some time, I really like the looks of the gun. Haven't seen one in person or shot one yet. But I like the idea of the weight and balance system. Kinda wish the reciever was a little more attractive. Really wish I could shoot one though!

7. jfan517

jfan517 Member

I shot a Blaser demo last year, while it felt great I liked the Kolar much better the weight of the Kolar didn't bother me, both guns were balanced very well, I just felt more comfortable with the Kolar. Less adjustments on the Kolar also, got my mention, if the there's more to tinker with I think you have a harder time making the correct decision.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Only if you don't understand what your doing. Like I said before, I will put mine up against any k gun or p gun and I still own a kolar.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't know about the Blaser shotguns but I like the case because it has plenty of room for a high comb so I bought one to carry my Perazzi MX-2000 around in locally ... Have the Americase if I have to fly some place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Played with one at the dealer and it looked and felt very nice. Aside from being a bit light-weight, it seemed like a really nice gun. I especially liked the stock with some cast off. Will try to shoot one in the near future.

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Great gun. You can take weight from 8 plus pounds to 12 pounds with the weight system. Everything on the gun is very easy to ajust to your liking. Priced real right for a high quaity German made gun.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the new Top single trap barrel is suppose to be available?

13. bigben

bigben Active Member

Jgs, I hope you get a chance to shoot the blaser, you will be rewarded with a real precision gun, I purchased mine from Pat at Dawson enterprises, He's an All American shooter and shoots one in Ata events, of note even though the Blaser is in it;s infancy, 2 out of the top 10 for the 100,000.00 challenge were Blasers, everyone who shoots mine remarks about the low recoil, and the great triggers, no hammers, strikers like that of my Seitz . My Kolar combo went by the wayside when I shot the Blaser, no comparison, features abound, shoot a few hundred thousand through it, too little maintenance, no problem, my P gun pivots replacements are costly, the Blaser,unscrew the pivot pins and for 7.50 each good to go again, breech face wear? 2 phillips screws, replace for 27.50 , my P-gun? over 12 times that amount! Should you want only a single barrel now or an o/u barrel now, later just get the other, no fitting required. Too many other features to list here, give one a ride, you'll be glad you did! incinerate em!

14. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

sprinklerman_2008_0303_171.jpg
    KGUN, I kind like the receiver on mine. I bought the Baronesse grade with 12-20&28 gauge barrels. I plan to get the 410 barrels as soon as they are available. Mark

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

What a beautiful gun. Blaser dose make a very good gun.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was not aware of the fact that two of the guns in the $100,000 shootout were Blasers ... I have heard a time or Seventy two on TS.Com its not the arrow, its the Indian ... So, what arrow won it out of the other 8 that were in it ..? 10 X 2 = 20 % of the Arrows were Blasers and 80 % were not if your going to look at it that way ... Just making a point ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mark, way to pretty of a gun to keep in that plastic case. It is plastic is it not, even though it appears to be covered in cloth fabric. You really know how to make a man drool. Shoot it well. Break-em all. Jeff

18. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Got mine last Nov. & only have around 600 shells through it thus far due to our winter, but I love it. I had double release installed by Allem's & have made a few adjustments to things like POI & the comb, but other than that, I just shoot it. Swings smooth & is quick to the target for me. Recoil is barely felt which if a great thing. Can't wait to get the OU barrels on it & tune them in for doubles. Also, the 10 year warranty is a good thing. I looked at them last year at Empire Grand & had a couple friends that have machine shops look over the inner workings. Both agreed that they were a well designed & built gun.

There have been a few for sale here on TS at very reasonable prices. That is how I got mine & the whole deal went very smooth. Saved me a ton of $$$ over a new one vs. 1 that had less than 1000 shells through it. Which ever you buy, I doubt you will be disappointed.

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I guess if they're that good I should have no trouble selling my combo with double releases and test fired only for $9,300!!

20. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I would like to know the difference between the original trap and the new super trap models. Do they both have adj ribs on o/u and do they both have adj hangers on o/u. thanks jim w

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting blaser shotguns

what is the difference between hanger and hanger on blaser shotgun help