1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser Quality

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPM, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JPM

JPM Member

I have noticed several comments in different threads that indicated that early Blaser F3 guns were of poor quality. I have owned two Blaser F3's and have been entirely satisfied with both of them. I shoot with a loose knit group of retirees called the "Old Geezers Shooting Club" and there are at least 6 Blasers being shot by that group of about 25 guys. None of the Blaser shooters have ever indicated any quality problems with their guns and all seem to be entirely satisfied with their Blasers. I'm happy with the one that I am shooting now.

Can those of you who have denigrated the quality of Blasers please give me some specific information to justify your claims? I'm certainly not trying to start a fight here - - I just want to know what is the basis of the bad rap on the F3 guns.

JPM

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My shooting buddy had one of the first. His spent more time at Blaser than it did with him. Numerous trigger issues. We joked with him that the service guys put more rounds through it than he did(may not have been too far off). I will say they never hesitated once to fix his gun and never charged him a dime. Great customer service but it needed it. He finally got smart and traded it off. I question if Blaser and quality belong in the same sentence together.

Sounds like maybe they got their act together now. Unfortunately people remember first impressions.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I bought an older minty high grade Blaser for a great price. A truly phenomenal gun that gave no trouble, but upon a call to Blaser concerning an extra barrel, BLASER insisted on upgrading the receiver when I gave them the serial number.

They basically stripped the receiver down to its essentials, boiled it out, and installed new parts, including a selective trigger. NO CHARGE, they ate return shipping.

I bought another barrel that had a bent ejector and a stripped barrel weight thread hole. I also wanted some extra light pipes. Does this sound like a warranty issue?

Once again, they stripped the barrel down, boiled it out, and installed new parts, also repaired the stripped threads, and put a bag of light pipes in the case, sent it back, NO CHARGE, ate the return shipping.

Best fitting and shooting gun I have ever had. Customer service is in another universe.

What was your question again?

4. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

what Coach said.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Blaser has come a long way. The new ones are fantastic and built with the best materials with excellent fit and finish. Also, they have about the best out of the box trigger on the market.

Very nice guns.

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I've got a Super Luxus I bought barely used as a spare and, frankly, it's every bit as good as my SC-3 MX-2000/10. It's got upgraded Grade 9 wood and upgraded engraving, and its fit and finish is as good as it gets. Not to mention excellent comb hardware and one of the best triggers I've ever used.

The previous owner shot it for six months and got a serious case of Kustom Krieghoff Fever. It's a sporties model, and if I bought the gun new, I would have gotten the trap version with a semi-beavertail fore-end and provision for a higher POI than the 70/30 max mine has, but that's fine with me.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat, particularly at the price I paid for it. It's an eye-full. I see a number of Blasers at my club, and I don't know of anyone who has had any quality problems. Time will tell.

7. Mongoose71

Mongoose71 Member

I have a few thousand rounds through mine and it has been flawless. Mine is a newer version though.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

When they upgrade they change all the parts and convert/upgrade them- so what more can they do?

An older one becomes a newer one

Gene

9. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

I have a new style F3 Luxus Combo,and I will be fair and explain it the way I explain it to everyone. I love the gun itself, think it is a very high quality gun, and I have zero complaints about the mechanical aspects of the gun. When mine got delivered there was a small amount of clearcoat that started lifting on the gun (Where the stock and reciever meet). It was unnoticable when I bought the gun, but it started to get worse as the gun was shot. I called Blaser, and they said they would refinish the gun for me. I sent it back, on their dollar, and recieved the gun back in 3 days. I thought that was rather quick, and sure enough they didn't refinish the gun. They knocked off the part that was chipping and touched it up. It then looked like they wetsanded it, and left a cloudy finish with fine scratches in the clear. Obviously I called up, and they claimed they were never going to refinish the gun, even though I triple checked and confirmed that they were. Once again I sent the gun back, which they did pay the shipping. On the way back to them the gun got damaged, and recieved an email, not a phone call, saying they weren't going to fix the gun at all because it got damaged in shipping. The damage was to the stock and forend, which they were refinishing anyway. There was a small chip in the stock, and two small chips in the forend, with zero damage to the wood. The new damage to the gun was on the same level as the old damage to the gun,which means no wood or mechanical parts were actually damaged (Only clearcoat). They refused to file a claim with UPS, because there was no damage to the case, except there was, which I documented. To wrap it up, the gun never got fixed, and the people I dealt with are no long employed by Blaser, which tells me all I need to know. I have thought about calling them to see if the new management will finally make good on it, but I have gotten past it and moved on. For reference there were less than 300 rounds throughn the gun when the shipping occured.

I have heard many great stories about their customer service, and believe all of those stories. Even companies with great customer service still have a case here and there that turn into horror stories. If a person asked, I would 100% recommend a Blaser, and make them aware of my customer service experience along with all the positive ones, as that is the fair thing to do. I have had mine for a year and half, about 10K rounds, and no problems other than the one mentioned above.

10. gunner

gunner TS Supporters TS Supporters

Could someone list the differences between early models and newer ones? I have one less than a year old and have had NO problems.
    One guy in our group has an "old" model, and cannot keep firing pins and springs in it. The last set lasted ~3 months -- maybe 3-4000 shells. Blasers only factory response (and same response from one of their repair centers) is "shooting those cheap shells". They are fixing it for free, except for some shipping. BUT what could the problem be? We all shoot the same "cheap" shells, and one guy shoots 5 times as many as the rest of us, with no problems, but the one gun seems to be the only problem. Any ideas?

11. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I've owned and shot 5 different Blasers over the past several years with zero issues.
    As GN7777777 says if it is sent in they update it to current at no charge.What nelse can you ask?

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

The only comment I've ever heard, and it's pure hearsay, is that Blaser doesn't like Rio shells, ostensibly due to primer penetrations, which blows gunk back into the firing pins. They apparently have no problem with Kemens or Estates. I got this from the previous owner of the gun, who's a no-nonsense guy, but it's still completely anecdotal and may not mean a thing. I'm not trying to create a rumor.

No problems with the Blaser, but I've noticed that Rio primers are piercing in my Perazzi, especially in hot weather. I don't like it, but I just bought 20 flats of Rio's, so I'm just going to shoot 'em up. Might switch to Kemens or Estates next time I order.

Search tags for this page

blaser f3 serial number what do they mean

early blaser f3 quality

rio primers eating firing pins on blasers

trouble shooting f3 blaser trap