1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

blaser pros-cons

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MIDDLE50, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIDDLE50

MIDDLE50 TS Member

just looking for any feedback on the f-3 combo. dependability,resale,etc

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I just purchased an F3 super trap combo. Like all German firearms quality is there and so is resale value. Weights system is excellent, triggers are way above average. I also own several Blaser rifles and they are outstanding. The factory office in Texas is excellent if you need anything. The F3 super trap combo is a huge value for what you get. 10 year warranty.

3. Ken Mills

Ken Mills Member

I have a Blaser F3 super trap combo. I have had great success with the gun and like all the features except the adjustable comb. I have had loads of trouble with the set screws and I believe that the posts are to short from the factory as most people I have ran into have had similar problems with comb on theres as well. That aside once I got the comb where I needed it and new screws/ and hardware all has been well. Just be carefull on the screws they strip extremely easily esp. if your at the top of post.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you buy a combo, check your point of impacts. But then, you should do that with any combo you buy.

I agree with Ken on the adjustable comb hardware.

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Ken Mills - when setting an adjustable comb, I use spacers to maintain proper height and only rely on the set screw to keep the comb on the gun - I have no reason to overtighten them. Just my humble opinion.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Buy one without wood.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gary, you have to see the system. Normal shims don't work with the posts. The posts are tapered on the bottom. The screws have to be tight enough to keep the comb on, and even that small bit of tightness strips out the screws.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

You guys might want to consider grinding a small flat into the post where the set screw tightens against it. I've had great success doing this and the set screw stays put, no backing out. Ths problem is the screw is flat on the end and your're tightening it against a round surface.

Kevin

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Longevity cannot be determined as the gun has not been around long. Time will tell.

One guy I know has had the rib snap off (over hardened??). No cost to repair but being without a gun in the meantime is no fun.

Another guy (fdiesel) has had great success with his and shoots it very well. He seems happy with it.

The one I picked up seemed a bit light to me (K-80 shooter) but it has a system for adding weight fore and aft.

Nice looking gun for sure.

Don Verna

10. smsnyder

Three weights in the front and three in the back add about 1 1/2 pounds to the gun.

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

My Kolar is looking better and better with each passing day.

12. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

I like the look of the gun, but, if you think that you might not keep it for a long while, I would check some of the resale values of the gun on the internet before you buy it. The resale of this gun has not yet risen to the level of the other top brands. Neil

13. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

As a pilot friend is so fond of saying: Never fly the A-model of anything...
    dju

14. smsnyder

The A model was changed to the new model. The Blaser new Super Trap ( Generation two ) is the second design out. The U.S VP of Blaser who is a master gunsmith designed the Super trap second generation and once worked for Krieghoff. Vast improvements and changes were made over the first model trap gun. German engineering at its best. 10 year warranty.

15. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

BeBop:
    We're working and shooting so we'll be there early.
    dju

16. Ken Mills

Ken Mills Member

Just got my Blaser fixed and am shooting it well. The problem was the set screws were so hard that one shattered into 3 pieces while being tighned. It then lodged inside the comb and couldn't be removed. I took the gun to Dallas Manard in Etna ohio where he made me knew posts and hardware, its working much better. I can now use conventional spacers as well so I don't have to tighen so much.

17. glenns

glenns Member

How much is the Super Trap?

18. Ken Mills

Ken Mills Member

I paid 9500.00 but I believe you can get a better deal now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comb spacers for blaser f3

how to keep comb tight on blaser f3

pros & cons of blaser rifles