1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser owners....I need feedback

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dan S., Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

I am considering a Blaser F3 unsingle. I like the 10 year warranty. I like the fact that I can reconfigure the gun to any wood and barrel combination without refitting. Order the parts and mount them. Keeps my options open for the future. It feels good in my hands though I have not shot one yet though I have access to a sporting model over/under. The "hype" online all seems positive. Are there any OWNERS here who can give constructive input good or bad? Who to buy from in upper midwest area? Other than Cabela's. Last time I talked to them the guy in the gunroom flat out denied you could buy a trap model in the states and refused to look into it any further. Alrighty then, I'll go elsewhere. Good points and bad from owners only please.

2. todman2

todman2 Member

Have also heard good things about these gun but don't see them in the skeet circles I mainly shoot in. As far as information Pacific Sporting Arms is a distributor for the Blaster as well as Paxton Arms. I have made purchases from both these dealers and they are helpful and informative. They both have used and new guns listed on their sites and both offer an inspection and test drive program.

Pacific Sporting Arms web site is http://www.pacificsportingarms.com/

Paxton Arms web site is http://www.paxtonarms.com/index.html

Hope this helps you with your search and gets you the information you need.

todman2

3. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Thanks for the info todman2. I'll check them out.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Jaquas has them as well.. Jaquas.com

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I believe Indiana Gun Club has one, Frontier Inc same place, call Steve at
    1-317-485-6540 Hours are Wed 10-10, Fri. 12:00-6:00 Sat & Sun 10-6

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Setterman...I saw the one at Jaquas. Only about $700 off of new for the unsingle from what other dealers told me. Mainly, right now, I'm interested in finding out how they are holding up. Problems, quirks, or better than "x brand" in this area or that.
    For me the other choice is a used Ljutic Mono. I really like these guns but for one thing, they are a mono. No combo possible. I have a great O/U for doubles and I like/prefer a single for handicap. I am working on my 100 in handicap for my grand slam and so really for right now I am focusing on a handicap quality gun but would like versatility down the road and as I "prefer" fixed chokes, I have to weigh that also as I have not seen an F3 with fixed chokes offered. I may end up buying a mono with two barrels. First I need to know how well these F3's are holding up to get a feel for which direction I will go.

7. dale t

dale t TS Member

I have around six thousand rounds through mine,the more I shoot it the more I like it.

I bought mine from pacific no complaints.

Dale t

8. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I was VERY interested in a Blaser back in Sept/Oct as I wanted to buy a dedicated skeet/SC gun. Problem out here in Montana was that my closest gun was at either PSA in SoCal or one of the Dealers in AZ. Asked a lot of questions, read several tests...ALL positive.

I ended up buying a new K80 and haven't regretted the purchase.

A shooter in our skeet club does have a 30" skeet gun and he likes it. The barrels do sit very low in the receiver, and the trigger is crisp and light. I DO believe they are ALL choke tube guns though.

They have gone up in price considerably over the past few months,though used models are pretty decent.

+1 on John Herkowitz at PSA...great guy. IIRC... I believe he shoots a Blaser for skeet.

FN in MT

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

FN- As a side note, John shoots everything for skeet. I was talking to him @ a shoot this summer, and he said in 4 shoots, he'd shot his kolar, krieghoff, perazzi (or beretta, can't remember) and blaser. Must be nice to have toys to play with :-D

10. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

CharlieHill....Interesting but do they offer the interchangability of the Blaser? I had looked at them but have not heard much about them from shooters. I'm beginning to think the Ljutic "combo" might be my best bet. I will probably never be an Elite shooter but I would like to have a long term quality gun for singles and handicap. Trying to stay at or around $5000 or less. I can squeek in a Mono for that used in decent shape with a second barrel.

11. CharlieHill

CharlieHill TS Member

MB, I don't know about the interchangability. If you buy a combo, I don't see why you would then want to change barrels, unless maybe you want to shoot other sports.

I do know that after demo-ing the CG combo I want one.....badly! Just go shoot one if you have the opportunity. I have high-dollar K & P guns and I was still mightily impressed.

12. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

CharlieHill...Other sports exactly. I probably didn't make that clear in my earlier post. Wood and barrels all interchange on the same receiver with the Blaser line. It could well be I'm fooling myself with that need though. I used to shoot skeet with my trap gun and did fine. I was definately able to shoot sporting with my 390 and do OK. I miss my Perazzi and my Krieghoff but do not want to invest that much this time around. My days on the trap field are limited and I would just like to get that one last notch...The 100 handicap. I will probably let common sense dictate along with a tighter budget and find a gently used Ljutic in 35" or 34" with a fixed full and "go for it". Thanks for all the emails and posts guys. Got a good line on a mono in the process.

13. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have two friends with Blasers. One just got a 20 ga bbl for his and he liks the gun. Both guns have been back to the dealer for trigger work. The 32" sporting model I shot handled really well.

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

The sporting model I shot had very heavy recoil. I realize that gun fit is a big factor so obviously it didn't fit me but the gun's light weight was a big factor as well. I'm used to OUs in the 9# range and would have quite a problem getting used to a Blaser like the one I tried. At the time, I was shooting 1 oz B&Ps at 1230 fps so I can only imagine what rhino rollers would feel like.

The triggers were VERY good and being mechanical, would make for a great sub-gauge set up for Sporting.

15. Setterman

Master blaster, I shoot sporting and trap, and have not seen one in use...yet. Tom Smith has had a few in his shop, and he's fairly impressed with their feel, but their somewhat untested as yet. I would prefer a heavier gun for the 27 handicap. I too need the 100@27 for my slam. My current gun is 10#, and it sure helps on recoil and followthru. You may want to do the Ljutic. For the cost, weight, recoil, it's a good buy. Built like a tank. I would be most concerned about POI. You can always pick up a used sporty later.

16. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have yet to see a Ljutic, that regardless of its present state, cannot be rebuilt into a new gun for a reasonable price. And it can be around for your grandkids to fight over. Mine was made in '83 and I just don't quite have it trained, yet. It does what I tell it to but I sometimes screw up the orders.

Your choice.....

Big Jack

17. alf174

alf174 Member

Keep the US dollars at home - please buy American.

18. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Setterman...sounds like you and I are on a similar path. I also prefer around 9.5# on my trap guns. I have located a very usable Mono-mid rib-70/30 POI for just over $3000. It has factory tubes which I'm waffling over. I prefer fixed. What are your thoughts on that point? As I said, this will primarily be a handicap gun, I can use my O/U for sixteens and doubles.
    BigJack....I agree. They seem to be the Timex of trapguns so to speak. And yes I would like to buy American wherever I can. At the very least, in regards to the Blaser, I don't want to be their R&D Dept. if you get my drift. Thanks for all the input and wisdom guys. The light is starting to shine on the Ljutic.

19. Setterman

I'd prefer a fixed choke. .034-.040 Sorry, I don't know what kind of chokes the gun has (factory?) nor do I know enough about Ljutic factory chokes to comment on their quality. Both Ljutics I previously owned were fixed full.

20. johara1

johara1 TS Member

I had both,the o/u was a great gun. The unsingle was an other story, the rib was junk.........jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.