1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser Info wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dan S., Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

While in my local Cabela's the other day, I noticed they had a Blaser F3 in sporting configuration. I was surprised to see them carrying the line and so I inquired about the time involved if I were to order one in trap configuration. I was told in no uncertain terms that they only made them in sporting models but trap might be available sometime down the road. I have checked the web site and they do advertise a trap model. I thought that the Shotgun Sports mag test involved a trap barrel and or stock. Anyone here own a trap model? What's the scoop. How has it been working for you? At $4899 (Cabela's gun room) price, I'd be interested in trying one out. That was for a 30" sporting with Briley choke tubes.

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

look here they say that they now have one

3. front242

front242 Member

John at Pacific Sporting arms is very high on the Blasers. He went and toured the factory in Germany and helped with suggestions for the trap and sporting models from what I understand. He stocks a bunch of them and I think I even saw a trap combo model last time I looked at his website. They look like nice pieces for the money.

Tim

Click here for Pacific Sporting Arms Blasers in stock

4. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Thanks everyone. Shortly after I posted this I went through my daily mail and noticed the ad for Monsoors in my Shotgun Sports magazine. I have bought a few guns from Roger and noticed he listed "prices on trap and sporting clays models". I knew I had seen a trap model advertised somewhere. It must be tough for a salesman to admit when they don't know for sure. I can relate to how hard it must be to find someone with a thorough knowledge of every manufacturer you could find in a gun room like Cabela's. But this guy kind of took be by surprise by taking a firm line that "they only made sporting clays models for import at this time". I kind of feel like taking some of these URL's to him and saying nicely, "Just so you know......". Somehow I don't think he's ready to hear that. Thanks so much for all the info guys. I appreciate it. I wonder if Roger would let me try his out??? Maybe next year when my budget is better.

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

sporting clays and skeet ok, trap no. gun is way to light for trap. i shot mine the other day at doubles trap. compared to my kolar the blaser pounds you. the blaser has the best triggers on any shotgun if you use pull triggers.

6. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

They make trap guns. Higradeshooters.com stocks them. Ask for Roy. The trap models come in a lot of configurations. Ribs/stocks/pads are some of the things that can be changed. Had one in my hand today. Felt good, like pgun, kgun etc.

7. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

smsnyder...Thanks for the facts. Though I rarely see weight as a problem, I too felt the gun was quite light in my hands and would require some "ballast". I think I have gotten to be almost expecting any gun I shoot to need weight added. The gun came up very nicely for me. It had a good 3/8" right hand offset and some twist out at the bottom. It was quite comfortable overall but yes I agree it felt very light. I have always used Perazzi old style MX8 triggers that have a few million rounds on them as the GOLD standard, so to speak. I think my Ithaca MX8 wil always be a fond memory. If they come close to that standard, with coil springs, I best NOT shoot one, my bank account will suffer. Although at around $8500 for a combo, it wouldn't hurt it much.

8. dale t

dale t TS Member

I got an f3 combo two weeks ago,from John at pacific.I shot five boxes through it Sunday and am very pleased,great trigger nice wood.I think weight wise it's real close to my perazzi tmx.With the balancer you can get it to feel heavy or light. I really need to shoot a few thousand rounds through it before I cam give it an honest opinion,so far so good.

Dale t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.