1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BLASER in the new lineup for 2010!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Schultz, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sorry about the misspell in the title .. its been a long week!

After lots of thought and consideration TARGET SHOTGUNS, Inc. will be selling the BLASER (Pronounced blah-zer) as of now. The new trap guns will be available in January and we will have them for sale at the Dixie Grand.

I have always liked the gun ... the sporting models are absolutely top notch. However the American Trap model (up until now) were pretty lame in the design department and the lack of release triggers just killed the deal for me. (Hear choruses of Handel's Messiah now...) Well, Norbert (formerly of Krieghoff and Rich from Alamo got together and with the BLASER folks have designed a truly awesome trap gun.

• Adjustable ribs on both unsingle and double barrels. (Front adjustment ie.:K80)
    • True right and Left handed stocks available.
    • Factory release triggers (Yeah!) for those of us who need them.
    • Add a barrel to your single or o/u to make a combo for no more than the combo cost.
    • Internal weight and balance system to give you the feel you want. (up to 10lb!)
    • Long forcing cones, backbore barrels and great choke tubes with all guns.
    • Great looking wood even in standard grade guns, upgrades will make you weep!
    • Factory service and commitment to shooters equal to the best.

If you have questions, email me or call 800-684-6329 toll free. I'll have a demo gun at Missouri for the Fall Handicap. Come and shoot one!

Thanks. Bob Schultz / Target Shotguns, Inc.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bob, Is there a brand/model that the Blazer would be in main competition with as far as cost/features?

3. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Bob

Will there be any changes for the sporting models ?

thanks, ernie

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tax. Yours is a knock-off. Just like fake Rolex. Sorry.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

No, it's BLASER not BLAZER, see the link above.

Eric

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I shot a demo at the grand and was very impressed. The gun handles very well and the triggers were excellent. I spoke with Norbert and Rich and they were both very pleased with the improvements made to this gun. I believe you will find it priced well below Perazzi and Kolar. My thought was I couldn't believe they could sell the gun for the money. It appears to be worth far more. The fit and finish are excellent, the quality of the wood is better then any of the top guns and the reciever and all internal parts are case hardened. They use a standard choke tube thread, I believe it was the same as Browning, so you can buy your tubes very reasonably. Give it a good look.

Mark Zauhar

7. Bob Schultz

The Blaser will be priced between the Caesar Guerini and the Perazzi,Kolar and KGuns. Combos will be in the 9K range which will include adjustable ribs on both barrels and really nice right or left hand wood.

Norbert and Rich did not indicate any forthcoming changes in the sporting line. Since the Blaser shooters won the Mississippi, Texas and US Open championships I don't see much reason to mess with a winner...

Bob

8. Top Single 35#

Top Single 35# TS Member

I shot the new 32" o/u with left hand wood rib was adjusted to shoot 100% high,the new release triggers were great,the stock fit me like it was made for me,I would like to have it in 30"barrels,and I would like to have a top single 34" adjustable barrel.Light on recoil,the gun handles well.Bob you made a great choice nice gun. Dan Drainer I have a registered shoot,Sat and Sunday August 29th and 30th at Drainers Gun Club. 18 miles west from Brittany gun club in Illinois. Starts at 10am Sat and Sunday,Doubles first then 100 singles and 100 handicap 4 pat traps and Bobs voice calls,food will be served.Put me down for a 30"adjustable rib 0/U left handed release triggers.Thank you Blazer and Bob, Dan Drainer

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

That picture above is not the TRAP version is it?

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Any word on a PFS grip for this gun, either through Vern, or through Blaser themselves (last I knew, vern told me that he wasn't planning on producing a grip, but that blaser might make their own).

11. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I just bought a 34" LH Sporting Clays F3. I thought I would try it at doubles so I put a MC trap stock on the gun and tried it, man do I love the way this gun shoots. Nice sighting radius, low recoil and it smokes targets. I shot a 98 with it today.

12. Bob Schultz

No, The picture is one I snagged from the current website. As soon as I get some pictures of the new gun I'll post them. The picture is a sporter.

Bob

13. Bridger

Bridger Member

A friend has a Blaser sporting and I had a chance to put a couple of shells through it. Very nice handling gun. I thought I understood him to say that one of the changes Blaser was making was to eliminate the solid rib between the o/u barrels. I guess it would look similar to Krieghoff. Maybe that is just on the trap guns, he wasn't sure.

14. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

in my opinion these guns with time will be great guns, i like em, great guys behind them, great triggers to me thats important, cant wait to see the new trap model for i wasnt impressed with the old unsingle rib

15. 458 WM

458 WM TS Member

Joe Charnigo - Soon to be called the "Blaser Kid"

Used an off the table demo model F3 for the Championship Events at the Cardinal Classic.

199-Singles Championship
    99 - Dbls Championship and RU
    97 - Hcp Championship and 3rd Place

395 - HAA Champion

Very impressive!

16. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

I watched Joey O pick up his friends Blaser F3 in His class doubles event and he busted a 48 out of 50 with it right of the rack no advice where it shoots or any thing. Joe is just a beast in general also.

17. Bob Schultz

The trap O/U will have the separated barrels ie.: K-80. The POI can be regulated for each barrel if one wishes to have say a higher POI in the bottom for the first shot in doubles. Adjustment is with barrel hangars in the front and spacer in the center.

One of the features I really like is the internal stock balancer and the availability of tungsten barrel weights that fit on the barrels under the forearm. You can increase the overall weight and adjust the balance point relatively easily.

Bob

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bob...

I shot the unsingle at the Cardinal Classic...very easy to handle and a very soft shooter.

Curt - Delaware

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I watched Joe and Aj shoot off for dubs champ on the last evening of the shoot.

Those two put on an impressive show of speed and accuracy!

I also had the Blaser Pro
    shoot on the squad ahead of me, he is a clays shooter but shot the 99 from the 20 in his first ATA shoot{he tried to get penalty yardage but management said no, I think he shot a 99 in the dubs also.

Between traps Mack showed me the Blaser, seems like a well built gun.

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

LOL, Shannon... I guess they had no idea who Tom Mack was......

That's unfortunately a good example of how lax shoot management can be.

Tom's a well known national Master class Sporting Clays shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tom mack sporting clays