1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser/Grand question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Just got back from the Grand for my annual one day trip and noticed several vendors had F3 Super Trap Combos at reduced prices plus rebates. Always liked these guns. Anybody know why there are so many places marking them down at the Grand?

2. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

They seem to be great gun's but I do know of a couple of guy's that shoot them and have had trouble. A part of the receiver broke on both of their gun's. They are being sent back to be repaired.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Because the new ones are competing against all the nearly new ones that original owners are trying to dump.

-Gary

4. Trent

Trent TS Member

Everyone had special Blaser pricing at last years Grand also. Go for it, you won't be disapointed....

5. WillBill

WillBill Member

What kind of prices for the Super Trap combos?

6. Westie

Westie Member

Lowest I saw was under nine grand.

7. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I had one of the new ones two winters ago. Not a bad gun but one would have to be on crack to think they are runnin with the big dogs.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"Under nine grand." LOL, that's hilarious. Reminds me of the "High End" Buick Reatta debacle back in the late 80s -- all show, no go, fire sale from hell.

-Gary

9. WillBill

WillBill Member

That's a grand off Blaser Combo regular selling price, I think. Any K-gun dealers marking down K80 Pro Ribs?

10. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

A good gun hyped to be a great gun...which it ain't!

11. Westie

Westie Member

Just sayin' it's about all the gun I need. Me shooting a $20,000 gun is like a pig eating ice cream.

12. il shooter

il shooter Member

they will stand up with the K guns .All you have to do is shoot one and you will never shoot a K gun . they move to the target better and there blance is great. go to the blaser and shoot one at the grand . then lets know what you think

13. Beagleman

Beagleman TS Member

I have one F3Combo for sale for $7000.left-hand. Give me a call 716-435-6308(cell)

14. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

Beagleman when did you buy yours and was it new?

15. bigben

bigben Active Member

Notquite27 what model combo do you own? sorry you have not had the sucess that many others have had, Joey Charnigo just had a 100 straight from the 27 with his at the recent W.VA. state shoot, and has a 99 plus average in doubles, he loves the gun, last year was new to Blaser and yet 2 out of the 10 shooters in the 100 000.00 challange were shooting Blasers, if a receiver broke ,rest assured Blaser will send you a NEW one no repairs! My Baronesse has no issues, a 99 from the 27, and a bunch of 98's close but no cigar, but it's coming along, as Shooter says try it for a time, you will be impressed incinerate em!

16. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

I shot a demo with one. very nice gun moved to the target very easily

17. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

bigben,

I HAD and F3 combo for a short period of time, then returned it to the dealer for a refund. The rib on the unsingle vibrated like a tuning fork on every shot, and Blaser's answer was "We've never experienced that problem." The problem was quite obvious when you examined unsingles from other manufactures. Their guns all have a dampening mechanism that prevented the rib from vibrating. Not so with the F3, which is free floating and pinned only at the front and back of the rib. After haggling back and forth with Blaser it became quite obvious that they weren't going to address my problem, so I dumped the gun and went back to my MX-10. Problem solved.

The F3 has some nice features...great triggers, low recoil. But that twang every time I pulled the trigger was like a dentist's drill in my ear. I might try one again if they fix the rib problem and come out with a top single. And lest you think that I was just hearing things, we have 5 shooters at out club with F3's, and all have complained about the same issue, but have learned to either live with it or tune it out.

Sounds like you are shooting your Blaser very well. Keep it up!

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I sold a Blaser F3 Combo to an 85 yo profoundly deaf Trapshooter this morning. I doubt a little twang would bother him!!

19. magic

magic Member

$8250 at guns unlimited...

20. bigben

bigben Active Member

Not quite27, thank you, I have an mx-10 also, and it is a great gun, mine did not shoot high enough so Tom Wilkinson bent the barrel, and did the blueprinting, let me get on my pulpit, we are all in clay target shooting sports TOGETHER, the more we interact and try to help each other the better the sport becomes, there iis no one gun, no one reload, that is the best for all, but when we try to help each other out, we all come out winners! incinerate em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.