1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser feed back

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

I purchased a new Blaser super spot today,I like the idea of a multipurpose gun.What can I expect as far as break downs,etc.Is a yearly tune-up needed? just want to know if other owners are happy with there's

2. Bueno

Bueno Member

Be sure to learn all the adjustments on the gun regarding best balance with different stock and barrel weights.
    Experiment with the front sight adjustment, be sure to know where the unlock screw is at the top front of the ramp, since Blaser does not provide a current manual to be able to know where the lock screw is in the front adjustable ramp.
    More weights are desirable for sporting and trap disciplines, less for quick barrel shots of international (bunker) trap, and live pigeon shooting.
    Record and write down each preferred adjustment setting and adjust depending on the discipline you are shooting, and don't start fiddling and changing if you don't have a good day.
    I had some problems with the action when the gun heated up, because of close tolerances, but I sent the gun to Blaser and they replaced the firing pins.
    Blaser service is pretty good, when there is a problem, and the yearly tune up is not really necessary, if the gun is working good.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, I find it completely hilarious that these questions are being asked AFTER the purchase was made. Maybe that's why so many Blasers are for sale.

-Gary

4. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I would say there are a lot more Perazzi's and K-80 on the market than Blasers.... Of course, a lot more people own then also..........

5. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Just so you know,I have Krieghoffs & Perazzi's and just wanted something different.Is there something wrong with that?

6. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I also shoot a K-80 and have owned several Perazzi's......... I just bought a Blaser super sport and love it........

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Don't get caught up in all the adjustments, and don't get disappointed if you don't shoot the gun good right out of the box. Everyone's favorite feel and weight is different.

Experiment, add weights, play with the feel. Most used Blasers are for sale because the owner wasn't patient enough to experiment or didn't know what he was doing.

8. 700X-user

700X-user Member

So tell me where are all the Blasers that are for sale??????

I see some sporting guns but not many trap guns!

Ed

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought a Blaser Combo Hard case and liked it alot because it was lighter weight than the Americase I usually use ... I sold it to make room for another case in the gun room ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

A downside to the blasers is that the manual sucks- it doesnt really explain using the weight adjustments

I should send a note to the guys but havent done that

Having said that- lots of neat things about the blaser

A lot of gun for any money and will be a competitor to some degree with Krieghoff and Perazzi- lots of choices on A rated guns now.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Is their lock-up really fast? I mean trigger pull to ignition time. Someone said everything is horizontally in-line which makes for fast timing. Some people I know couldn't get adjusted to that speed and had to sell it. Dave T.

12. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I'm shooting a double release from Allems in my Blaser. In my opinion, the triggers are the best that I have owned. They have very little movement and are fast. The pull triggers are the same. If you like any trigger slack, they are not the gun for you. They are horizonal in-line, like nothing else I have owned. The weight system allows you to adjust the gun where you want it. I'm not a salesman for Blaser, just someone who really enjoys shooting one,

William

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Blaser triggers are fast- My perception though is Krieghoff has the best triggers of anyone

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. plux001

plux001 Member

"Just so you know,I have Krieghoffs & Perazzi's and just wanted something different.Is there something wrong with that?"

Yup there is. It means you have too damn much money.

Obama's vision for the good of ALL of us is based on sharing and you CLEARLY are NOT sharing. Now send a couple of those bad boys in my direction so I can "evaluate" them for you.....

Paul

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I cannot comment on the Blaser Super Sport, But I can on the Blaser Super Trap.

Excellent gun, their pull triggers are with the best of them, their workmanship excellent, Bbls are with the best of them, Their choke tubes are by Briley and are superb, Their Bbl bores are straight, and the bore in mine is .738 on Un-single Bbl. Blaser has a Superb weight system that no other gun
    compares to, this is something that Perazzi, Kolar,and Kreighoff don't have.

Factory service if and when needed is with the best of all mfgrs.

If you purchase one, you could not have done better.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

A great gun value for the money. Yes there are better guns in my opinion but they cost a lot more.
    Joe

17. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Your "perception" sucks Gene! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjusting blaser front sight