1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Blaser F3 Super Trap Combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I'd like to get some honest opinions on this gun from people who have shot it. I noticed that Stu Welton and a couple of other well know shooters have switched to the Blaser. I currently own a Krieghoff and was wondering if it would be worth trading for a Blaser. Thanks in advance.

2. SteveT

SteveT Member

I do not believe Stu is shooting the Blazer anymore. He is back shooting his Krieghoff.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

There are 3 of them in my club and 2 of them have broke. I think in time they will be a very good gun once they get the kinks worked out. I damn sure wouldn't trade a P a K or a K gun for one. They are not in there league yet.

4. bigben

bigben Active Member

I've had no issues with my combo at all, the gun is brilliant! it swings and handles better than my P combo set and a little better than the K-80 set. So far it has been bested only by the Seitz. An accomplished student of mine has over 15000 counted rounds through his, no issues, he's had a bunch of 94 through 98;s from the 27 yard line in not very good conditions in fact his very high grade K-80 combo s sitting in his safe now. Try one, I know you will agree, many times you will hear negative comments about a particular gun and most of the time the commenters don't even own one, talk at length to an owner, he'll probably be glad to let you shoot his, it may not fit you exactly but you can get an idea of how it performs when it is fit to you. all the best, incinerate em!

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Gun is outstanding. Weight system is excellent. Double release triggers put in by McCarthy outstanding. I have put 10,000 shells through gun with no problems. My scores have jumped from mid 70/80 to 90's. Blaser makes excellent firearms. I like there rifles as well. Check out there web site. Good luck.

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Outstanding trap gun. Weight system is excellent and has helped me increase my averages big time. If you need a release trigger I highly suggest Pat McCarthy triggers.

7. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Probably have put about 4-5K rounds through mine this mid-summer. No issues thus far. Solid & well engineered. I had also considered a CG combo. Tried both at the 2009 Grand. Felt the Blaser was a little better suited for me. Exceptionally smooth, crisp pull triggers. The interchangable componentry was another factor in the decision. Biggest problem I had was waiting for LH wood from the factory. At the time (Ap-Jul, 10) it took forever! JME John in Iowa

8. Lyle

Lyle Member

Stu Welton is not shooting his anymore, he went back to his K-gun. I looked at his Blaser, though, and it looked great. I didn't shoot it since it had Rt. hand wood and I am a lefty so I can't tell you how it shot.

I wouldn't let the fact that Stu switched back stop you from investigating the gun. Stu just came off a year where he had the highest composite average in ATA history, so it is understandable that he switched back to his K-gun.

If Blaser would send me a combo, I would shoot it for awhile and let you know what I think. I don't understand why they haven't sent me one yet.......hmmmmmm .......McCarthy, I'll even pay the postage if you want me to demo one.

Lyle

9. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

I got mine last Jan. I have shot around 14,000 registered and 8,000 non-reg. It has been trouble free 100%, not one minor glitch. I am sure there are better guns, but for the money, I didn't feel like I ever found one. I am a happy owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser f3 super trap combo

blaser f3 super trap combo review
blaser f3 super trap combo reviews
mccarthy release triggers blaser